Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Import pages to a new campaign

Hi, I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but I couldn't find anything on it, except for a topic on how to use the Copy/Extend feature for a campaign. I'm wondering if there are any way to copy one or several pages from one campaign and reuse it in another, possibly making a master template and archive it and then reuse copies of it in campaigns? This would be very useful if a GM would like to reuse modules for several player groups. AFAIK, a possible workaround would be to create the pages for the module in its own campaign, and then copy it over to a new player-run campaign. The issue with this is that you could only do it the first time when creating the group. You'd have to recreate the campaign group when importing the next module. Ideally I'd like to be able to have any archived pages to be global for all campaigns I'm running, so that I can easily pick and choose from pages. That way I could make template pages for campsites, ambushes during travel etc once, and use it for all campaigns.
Gauss
Forum Champion
You can copy a campaign and make changes to a copy but you cannot transfer single elements from one campaign to another.  So, for your global archived pages idea you can create the master, copy it and alter the copy for the campaign you are making. Some people do this for NPC character sheets etc. - Gauss
Thank you for the swift answer, Gauss! The problem with what you're saying is, if I'm understanding it correctly, you may only do this when you're creating a new campaign. If your players have defeated Module A, you'd have to make a new copy of the campaign of Module B and everyone would have to move over to that campaign. This would mean losing content written in the forum of previous campaign among other things. It's not a big issue to me, but being able to globally share archived pages among campaigns would certainly be a welcomed feature. Thank you for all the great work Roll 20 is doing. It's an amazing platform for tabletops!
Gauss
Forum Champion
In order to keep the size of my campaigns down here is what I do (this may be able to be applied to your needs): I run book 1 (of a six book adventure) as one campaign.  Then I copy it (usually a bit before the players reach the end) and modify the copy for book 2. The players may need to update things with information acquired between the time I copied the campaign and the time we moved to the second book. Repeat for remaining books.  I usually do not delete my old campaigns so I can reuse them as needed. - Gauss
Thank you for describing your process. I'll keep it in mind.
Gauss
Forum Champion
NP :) - Gauss
Why would you do this?  I'm creating the whole campaign setting in one campaign. The only drawback of this I can find, is that it's a bunch of lotsastuff. Many pages, many character sheets, many handouts, many songs... But that's the only drawback as I can see it? And with the upcomming organizing this gets much better :-) 
Gauss
Forum Champion
Leif, I do this for organizational reasons and for speed of loading reasons. With recent improvements I may be trying to go the mega-campaign route soon. Edit: Checked with the Devs and there have been definite improvements in the 'mega-campaign' department regarding speed of loading etc. I thought there was but I cannot always keep up with the fixes and improvements. :)  - Gauss
Hey guys, my main problem with this is running 2 campaigns (2 separate groups) that i wish to use the same "story" (maps, enemies, etc) for both. I know I can copy the campaign, but afterwards there isn't much I can do, so I'd always have to create the same maps twice, one for each campaign. and that sucks. any ideas?
Gauss
Forum Champion
The only idea I have for you Avaniar are to create each campaign in its entirety and then copy it.  - Gauss