Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

MAJOR ISSUE: Chat is obscured by text box! Maps will not load!

1415843258

Edited 1415844982
This is how my game normally looks like[Screenshot taken on IE] As of November 1st, the same day Firefox issued an update, my campaigns have looked like this[On fire/waterfox, my default browser]: You'll notice two things. One is the absolute absence of a map. Right clicking doesn't even indicate a map is there. The second thing, much smaller I admit, is the lack of a scroll bar on the that. The reason why it's missing is because it is /behind/ the text box approximately 13 messages are currently obscured in this image despite being scrolled to the very bottom. I have been fighting with this for almost two weeks. I have: Cleared EVERYTHING on Firefox's cache, history, cookies, etc. Factory Reset firefox Reinstalled firefox. Installed and tested on Waterfox(64bit Firefox counterpart) Issue remained. Removed all addons. Disabled Java Disabled Flash Updated all drivers Defragmented computer Run optimization scans Run regstry cleanups. Updated all software[Java, flash, silverlight, etc] This problem has appeared on Fire/Waterfox ONLY This problem is not present in: Opera, Internet Explorer, Chrome I do not want to use any of these browsers because they're laggy pieces of crap. This problem occured immediately after the November 1st update for Firefox. Macros appear to work properly. Further testing reveals that macros have ceased functioning I do not know how to recreate this issue. Here is my console log for the page shown in the above screenshot Please please give me a solution, even if it's some code I need to imput into the webpage on my browser or something. I hate using other browsers for Roll 20. It's slow, glitchy, and agonizing to use. 70 app.js:22 "TOUCH SUPPORTED: false" app.js:23 "USING WEBGL ACCELERATION..." app.js:23 "select" app.js:18 "Switch mode to select" app.js:18 "Initializing new dice engine with randomness..." app.js:32 "Using random entropy" app.js:32 "Unable to start up OpenTok!" app.js:34 "Compiling sheet..." app.js:34 "Finding sheet rolls..." app.js:34 "SHEET ERROR: Specified a disabled input without a valid formula in the value attribute." app.js:34 "window resize" app.js:36 "Final set zoom!" app.js:23 "UPDATE GL SIZE!" app.js:23 "Final page load." app.js:29 "Scan for new plays!" app.js:28 "Auth'ed." app.js:28 "Go post auth!" app.js:28 "initial setup" app.js:28 "Got players value..." app.js:28 "joining game..." app.js:28 "Player -JXuF-EonLlzT17vzs8c is offline..." app.js:27 "Player -JXuF6PPShI7k6lsCZpE is offline..." app.js:27 "Player -JXuFF8u4B26KuyNvJdm is offline..." app.js:27 "Player -JXuGAEToldjXa4nxwQS is offline..." app.js:27 "Player -JY37UIh4vZHiG0Fp-L2 is offline..." app.js:27 "Player -JYEXykShDP4FTHVnvf6 is offline..." app.js:27 "Deferred finish joining..." app.js:28 "Firebase Online" app.js:22 "Full load page!" app.js:26 "We have 6 pages" app.js:28 "handle page changes" app.js:28 false app.js:28 "init active page!" app.js:28 "activate page!" app.js:26 "FULLY ACTIVATE VIEWS FOR PAGE." app.js:26 "Do refresh link cache!" app.js:25 "Search took 21ms" app.js:34 "FIREBASE WARNING: on() or once() for /campaign-536976-BwWlMdzPb-auzR59Nrhjnw/hand-blobs/-JYE_pyU_Csg8myTd_cV/notes failed: Error: permission_denied: Client doesn't have permission to access the desired data. " firebase.js:35 "FIREBASE WARNING: on() or once() for /campaign-536976-BwWlMdzPb-auzR59Nrhjnw/hand-blobs/-JYEa28ZFZUUz480KGhS/notes failed: Error: permission_denied: Client doesn't have permission to access the desired data. " firebase.js:35 "FIREBASE WARNING: on() or once() for /campaign-536976-BwWlMdzPb-auzR59Nrhjnw/hand-blobs/-JYEaAMjeMDUknW5GWt8/notes failed: Error: permission_denied: Client doesn't have permission to access the desired data. " firebase.js:35 "FIREBASE WARNING: on() or once() for /campaign-536976-BwWlMdzPb-auzR59Nrhjnw/hand-blobs/-JYEaQBy9t8E4zjT-VRV/notes failed: Error: permission_denied: Client doesn't have permission to access the desired data. " firebase.js:35 "FIREBASE WARNING: on() or once() for /campaign-536976-BwWlMdzPb-auzR59Nrhjnw/hand-blobs/-Ja2npJkmL1F4GZ7pFI8/notes failed: Error: permission_denied: Client doesn't have permission to access the desired data. " firebase.js:35 "Graphics: 11" app.js:26 "Paths: 4" app.js:26 "Reorder by ZORDER" app.js:26 "Updating character sheet values" app.js:29 "Reorder by ZORDER" app.js:26 "Swapping <a href="https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/6144" rel="nofollow">https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/6144</a>... to <a href="https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/6144" rel="nofollow">https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/6144</a>... app.js:25 "Reorder by ZORDER" app.js:26 "setting src" app.js:25 "Cols: 3 Rows: 2" app.js:21 "Took 155ms to generate cache." app.js:21 "Error loading image, probably due to cors. Trying once without CORS for <a href="https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/6143" rel="nofollow">https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/6143</a>... app.js:22 "Error loading image, probably due to cors. Trying once without CORS for <a href="https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/6143" rel="nofollow">https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/6143</a>... app.js:22 "window resize" app.js:36 "Final set zoom!" app.js:23 TypeError: a is null app.js:23 "UPDATE GL SIZE!"
1415850436

Edited 1415851228
Gauss
Forum Champion
I noticed in your screenshot you are still running Adblock Plus. Please disable it and see if that works. Could you also try to remove the favorites quickbar to see if that fixes the message problem (just a possibility). Unfortunately, a number of people have had these issues with Firefox recently. Until the cause is determined we are suggesting using Chrome. Edit: Chrome should not be slow or glitchy for you. If you are having problems with Chrome we may be able to troubleshoot them. One other question: which antivirus are you using?
1415850504
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Try disabling your ABP and any other addon's per step 2 on <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Solving_Technical_Issues" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Solving_Technical_Issues</a>
1415940008

Edited 1415940140
When I reset firefox to factory standards, Adblock plus was 100% deleted off my system. The Issue still persisted. I then reinstalled it as I had established adblock not being the problem. I've started using Opera which seems to be the most functional alternate browser for this purpose. And I have no antivirus active on my system. I worked in computer repair for a long time so I knew to do all of the basic troubleshooting. A friend of mine suggests the problem might be with your java/javascript and how it may be conflicting with the more up-to-date coding of Firefox.
What's the link to the campaign? It might be a campaign specific issue. The line in your console.log() that's causing issues is "TypeError: a is null app.js:23" But that would indicate all of our code isn't being loaded/run properly, which is why we thought it might be ABP...
Here is the link: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/536976/As253A" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/536976/As253A</a> However this issue persists no matter what campaign I load, as I run a couple games myself and there is an older campaign we finished that hasn't been removed yet that it also appears on. I suspected ABP was the issue too before I ever submitted this thread, which is why I did the firefox reset that completely removed it. I've not installed any add-ons since the reset besides ABP, so there aren't any of those doing it. I've uninstalled and tested without ABP again since my last post and I can assure you it's not the cause. The line you pointed out, does that mean it's a javascript error?
One player in my game,also using Firefox, started having this issue as well. The blank tabletop area, the scrolling issue/chat covered up. When she tries using the macros off her sheet, she now also gets this as a result: TypeError: d20.tddice.canRoll3d is not a function She also gets this error if she tries to do any simple rolls like /r 1d20. The die rolling option/pop up for Roll20 simply doesn't respond with anything. I suggested Opera, as she stated she doesn't like Chrome.
OldSchoolChris said: One player in my game,also using Firefox, started having this issue as well. The blank tabletop area, the scrolling issue/chat covered up. When she tries using the macros off her sheet, she now also gets this as a result: TypeError: d20.tddice.canRoll3d is not a function She also gets this error if she tries to do any simple rolls like /r 1d20. The die rolling option/pop up for Roll20 simply doesn't respond with anything. I suggested Opera, as she stated she doesn't like Chrome. I've been using Opera, and while the initial settings were weird[Like those 'wiggle the mouse in this obscure way to page backwards that you'll do accidentally at bad times' shortcuts that you gotta turn off] it works fairly well once you adapt. I still prefer Firefox but Opera is a very good alternative for Roll20.
I am having this exact same issue in another game, so this is not campaign specific. I just posted another thread about this. Sorry. I should have read down into the existing threads instead of just scanning quickly before posting. Now you have two threads about the same problem. :(
1416269551
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
What version of Firefox are you running and are you running Norton Antivirus? If so, what version of that is running in your extensions? Options -&gt; Add Ons -&gt; Extensions
I have upgraded to the latest version of firefox in response to this issue; it occurred with whatever version I had at the time and continues now. I am using Chrome for right now. No Norton.
Steve K. said: What version of Firefox are you running and are you running Norton Antivirus? If so, what version of that is running in your extensions? Options -&gt; Add Ons -&gt; Extensions I am running firefox 3.1.1 and I am not running Norton. I have no active background antivirus/malware programs currently on my system. I doublechecked my ABP after updating my firefox and the problem still persists even with ABP disabled and Firefox updated.
1416283612
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
What operating system are you running and what version? Have you tried disabling all add-ons just to see if it's something unlikely causing interference?
Steve K. said: What operating system are you running and what version? Have you tried disabling all add-ons just to see if it's something unlikely causing interference? Windows 7, 64 Bit, Service pack 1 I checked and disabling everything didn't fix it.
1416345390
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
We've added some new code to try and resolve the problem. Please give it another try without using the ?disablewebgl=true tag. If it still doesn't work please repost the console output so we can continue to narrow down the issue.
It's working! I am so frikkin' happy it's working properly again! Thank you so much!
1416413306
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
That's great! I'm happy you're rolling again.
Thank you for your help and patience. I bet that line of code you added helped a lot more people than just me, as it seems I wasn't alone in this issue.