Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Music / SFX Marketplace

Score + 26
I'm aware of the various ongoing discussions with custom music, etc and I understand why we can't use custom music. However, what is the feasibility of having a music section in the marketplace? Much as the token/map marketplace there could be a selection of free things as well as things that you actually purchase and that then become available for streaming within your campaigns. Essentially I guess what I'm asking is how much work from a technical point of view would be involved in making the current jukebox search both SoundCloud and "Your Library"? I'm quite fortunate in that I have a friend who is a composer and uses SoundCloud so he puts together custom tracks for me now and then - unfortunately because of the 120 minute SoundCloud limit he can't really put together longer pieces or leave them up on SoundCloud long term as he also uses the site for his professional music. If he could provide and/or sell music via Roll20 I know he would contribute and I'm sure there are plenty of other artists who would.
Gold
Forum Champion
Today I have surveyed all the Suggestions I could find that are related to Sounds on Roll20. I created an index of the Sound-related suggestions here, if you want to review what other people are suggesting, "Alternatives to Soundcloud" thread, <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1245252/alternat" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1245252/alternat</a>... In regards to Ben's idea for a Sound Effects Marketplace, I think this is a unique idea that stands apart from the other sound suggestions. This suggestion thread does not seem to combine neatly with the others. In my view, this idea for selling sounds, stands on its own. It is an interesting idea.
+1 I would be interested in this as well, &nbsp;not only from a consumer point of view, but also as someone who would be able to contribute sounds to the market.
I think &nbsp;this is a really good idea and would give content creators a way to sell products that would be useful in my games. &nbsp;I think one difficulty would be preventing people from trying to sell music they did not create. &nbsp;although similar measures must be in place for the art that is sold currently.
Adding my vote. This is another avenue for content creators to explore.&nbsp;
Daniel S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Why is this not a thing. Today, there are a number of quality Patreon music creators creating content available for Foundry VTT or standalone on Patreon. If you integrated some music playlists and artists into the marketplace, I would almost certainly buy some for the organizational convenience alone. The included tracks are very limited. Great for ambience, but seriously lacking in battle music, etc.
+1 would make it much easier and in theory "safer" to get it through that marketplace then others and risk issues that way. Would also give another possible source of revenue for both roll20 and the creators. Has its own set of difficulties I'm sure, but a good idea, even if its been here for a while