Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Script to create monsters from stat blocks

Hello, I'm going through and trying to fully populate a mega dungeon and I want to create the monster statistics by importing from pasting a statblock into a new character somewhere. I thought there was a script that did something like that. Can anyone please point me in the correct direction? Thank you in advance,
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Sudain. What system?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Probably looking for this one? <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/703974/script-d-" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/703974/script-d-</a>...
Vince - I am playing a pathfinder game currently. Sorry for being ambigious. Thank you, Aaron - I will have to try that when I get home.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
You can try [Script] Pathfinder Mob/Character Importer I think you may have some issues with it working correctly with the implementation of community character sheets. Good luck. BTW I would be interested if you get this to work.
Flawless victory! I haven't tried anything with special abilities yet; but so far so good. Thank you very much!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
NP. Nice to hear. I'm always leary of older/closed threads. Please share your experience.
So far so good. What I'm doing is copying the statblock to notepad, then copying into the GM notes. From there I'm just running: `!CreateMob y y` and it fills out the macros I need. It's not updating the character sheet which I want, but this is quick and easy enough for my current needs. If I need something speical during combat I will open up the character notes and go from there.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I know there are many GM/DM's that just copy/paste into the GM notes or Bio and don't bother with the sheet. I usually fill in the NPC section of the sheet and the Bio for npc's/monsters. This gets time consuming. I might give this script a try. Thanks for sharing.
No problem. I really would like the script to get updated to fill in the specific character sheet values, but no luck yet. Maybe one day I'll go through and modify the code but right now my life is too busy.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Sudain said: No problem. I really would like the script to get updated to fill in the specific character sheet values, but no luck yet. Maybe one day I'll go through and modify the code but right now my life is too busy. Problem is, you can't guarantee which character sheet is being used, or if one is being used at all.
Humm... Well that would explain why it likes to create macros. :) Thank you,