Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Character Ability Macros not working properly

I am using Chrome and a test campaign learning Roll20. I have created a new character and given it some attributes and am trying to add abilities. I started with a bit complicated one using an example from the forum and linking Attributes. When I click on the roll button it puts a blank line on the chat window. ie It is trying to show something but there is nothing there. I then tried a few suggestions from the forum about creating it in the macro box first and copying it. The macro worked in the Macro window /roll 1d20 but when I put the same thing in an Ability it does nothing except show a blank line in the Chat window. I also found out how to put the macro bar on at the bottom of the Screen and it shows my Macro correctly but the Character Abilities show as CharacterName: Untitled_Ability, instead of the name I gave them. Any suggestions?
1367396519
Gauss
Forum Champion
Could you send me a join link? Ill come take a look. - Gauss
Just for future reference for others having this problem :-) The big "Save Changes" button at the bottom does not save Ability macro changes or even the Ability name changes. There is a little tick symbol next to the name on the right that appears after you have made changes. You need to hit this to save changes to individual Ability macros :-) Having the "Save Changes" button do this as well might be a good feature to add in the future :-)