Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[Bug]Sorted/Unshuffled Card Deck broken

vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I get an "end of deck" error/prompt when using a sorted/unshuffled deck and try to deal to players either using the deal prompt or when drag dealing. This is not a deck I want to shuffle. I have kept the deck in order from it's creation, and it has not been shuffled, EVER. My steps to reproduce error 1. Make a deck - show deck to players, players can draw, and infinite deck are all checked. GM+Players choose-Show fronts No discard pile. Face up. Considered Token. Front of cards for both GM and Players. Has a back image. 2. Show cards 3. Deal card to a player using drag to player name = error + stuck card 4. Deal card to a player using prompt = error If I use the drag to deal a card to a player, I get the error above and the card gets stuck on the screen and can't be manipulated.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Thanks for posting this Vince. Recalling and Shuffling fixes the problem but I can see why you wouldn't want it shuffled.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Not really an issue Steve. I wish there was a way to sort/unsort decks. For now duplicate then delete original deck and never shuffle works for keeping the deck sorted and can still be accessed by Choosing a card (great added feature BTW).
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Vince, I've checked into how card decks work and there is no current way in our design to give decks a default order. Right now decks are meant to be random, they're meant to not function until shuffled and given an order. There's no way currently to re-order cards in the deck or create an artificial order. I'm going to close this thread because it's not really a bug as intended. I'd encourage you to add this as a feature request in either this thread or make a new one.