Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How to create characters?

I've bumped my subscription to Mentor, created an initial campaign. I am unable to find a Character or Sheet tab in the Journal as mentioned here (<a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Character_Sheets" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Character_Sheets</a>). I've refreshed the screens. What am I missing?

Edited 1419756881
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Brian. Did you pick a character sheet template for your campaign? Check Campaign Details, Campaign Settings, Character Sheet Template, choose a sheet and Save . Open your campaign and add a new character journal. Open the Character journal and you should now see 3 tabs, Bio & Info, Character Sheet, and Abilities & Attributes.

Edited 1419757419
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Additionally, I'd like to point out that all account levels have access to character sheets. Mentor is only required for custom sheets.
Hi, I set the campaign to use dnd5e character sheets. I'm still at a loss how to create a character, even reading the documentation. (Excellent docos, btw.)
Did you click on the little "+" button to add a new character?

Edited 1419810014
Thanks for replying everyone. @Gozer, This is what I can see: My Vault page - an "+ Import Existing Character" button; this is the only "+" I found when text-searching the page The page for a "Temp" campaign I created for learning the app - the word "character" does not appear, nor does "+" (except for the phrase "Google+") Home page - the word "character" does not appear, nor does "+" On which page/screen should I look for a "+" button? @Vince - I do have "Dungeons & Dragons 5th Ed." selected on the Campaign Settings page

Edited 1419811858
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Brian O. said: On which page/screen should I look for a "+" button? You have to open(launch) a campaign. You can use your "Test" campaign if that's the campaign that you are using the "Dungeons & Dragons 5th Ed." sheet with? Once open (Launch Campaign), go to your Journal Tab (upper right tabs of the sidebar). That is where you will see the "+ Add" button to create a new character.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Brian. If you have the 5e sheet selected in the settings and you have gone (launch campaign) into the game itself you should find the tab called Journal. At the top of that tab is a section called Characters which has a button that says "+Add". Click on that and it creates your blank sheet. You can then double click on it and choose to edit the Bios&GM info, fill out the second tab (character sheet), or work on the third tab which is the ability&attributes tab. Does that help any?
Ok, I see now. It is NOT on the Journal page from Campaign Details. The "+Add" is on the EDITOR screen. I'll play with it more. Thanks everyone!
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
You're welcomed and if you have any more problems feel free to post them.

Edited 1419866415
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Oh. The external journal is there to view anything your assign to everyone. That means if you assign the sheet to be viewable to everyone then everyone can view it on the journal (this includes anyone that found your lfg page). This includes journals and handouts.