Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

GM LF players D&D 5e Tyranny of Dragons Campaign Thursdays 6-9pm EST

I am putting together a group to play the Tyranny of Dragons Campaign for D&D 5e. This campaign will be a long-term campaign, consisting of at least 15 levels of play. We will play every week on Thursday from 6pm till 9pm EST. Occasionally I may have a Thursday that’s not available; when that happens we will try to play on Wednesday instead. Please let me know when you apply if you’re available on Wednesday as well (same time). Wednesday availability is a plus, but not a requirement. I may be willing to extend the sessions to 4 hours (6-10pm), so let me know if that’s doable for you as well. Please do not apply until you’ve read this entire post. If you have had ANY experience with either Hoard of the Dragon Queen or Rise of Tiamat, please do not apply. This includes running any of the adventures, playing any of the adventures, reading any of the adventures, or even reading a detailed review of any of the adventures. I will be using a combination of Google Hangouts On Air and Roll20 for this campaign. We will be playing Theater of the Mind, so miniatures and grids will be avoided unless I decide they’re absolutely necessary for a given encounter. Please be familiar with using both platforms. You don’t have to be a master, though, we can work out any bugs during the character creation session. I will be streaming the play sessions and making them available on YouTube. Because of this there are the following requirements: You must use a webcam. You must use a headset or earbuds to avoid echo. You must be able to play in a quiet environment. No screaming babies, barking dogs, police sirens, etc. If at any time there is noise in your environment, you must mute yourself when not speaking. You must be comfortable with appearing on a livestream and YouTube. Your participation signifies your consent to be recorded and livestreamed without compensation. In addition to the above considerations, I also have the following requirements of my players: You must be able to consistently make game sessions at the scheduled time. If for some reason you can’t make a particular session, you must give me as much notice as possible. You must show up to sessions on time. Players who are consistently late or absent will be replaced. You must be willing to participate on the campaign forum, Google+ group, etc. We will have discussions (in and out of character) on these platforms between sessions. I want players who will actually participate. You must be willing to roleplay; this includes roleplaying your background, personality traits, ideals, bonds, etc. You must be willing to commit to a long-term campaign that will last for at least 15 levels of play. I’ve had a lot of experience running multiple versions of D&D (2e, 3.0, 3.5), but this will be my first time running 5e. I'm hoping to get a good group together that can play D&D together for a long time. I hope to make some new friends and have some good times! I'm really not as much of a hard-ass as this may sound; I've just learned to be up-front with expectations. New players are welcome. The campaign takes place along the Sword Coast in the Forgotten Realms. Any of the races and classes in the PHB are allowed. However, I’d like to avoid people doubling up on classes. We will nail down who’s playing what once I’ve selected the players, but I’d still like to know what races and classes you’re interested in. This campaign will be challenging. It is very likely that your character may die if you make bad decisions, or if you get unlucky. I highly recommend someone play a cleric, and a bard wouldn’t be a terrible thing to have around either, but I’m not going to tell people what to play. You will have three options to generate your stats—you can use the standard array, the point buy method, or roll for your stats, all using the rules in the PHB. If you roll for your stats, it’s a true gamble. You must roll them with me present in Roll20, and you must take what you roll if you go that route, even if you end up with worse stats than you would’ve had with the array. I am not planning on having any houserules at this time, however I will allow the variant for humans (where you can get a feat, etc. at first level). You don't have to have the PHB to play. You can get by with the free PDFs, however your race and class selection will be more limited. If you are interested in applying for this game, please respond and let me know if you’re available for Wednesdays as well and if you’d be available as late as 10pm EST. Also let me know what type of character you’d like to play (the character type isn’t set in stone, just to give me an idea). Also tell me a little bit about your roleplaying history—what games you’ve played, what games you like, and what types of gameplay you like (combat, social interaction, investigation, exploration, etc.). If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I’m looking for five players.
I am interested in playing in this campaign. I have two years experience in D&D 3.5 and 1 year in pathfinder but this would be my first time doing a campaign in 5e.I would like to play an elven rogue. I would be available every Thursday from 6-10 pm est. Depending on when the campaign starts would determine if i would be able to do Wednesdays or not. Currently i would not be able to play on Wednesdays due to work. If you need to know anything else just message me.
I wish I could make this schedule. Best of luck to all involved. Have fun storming the castle.

Edited 1420158230
ill like to play im free most days i played 3.5 an 5th i know most of the 5th rules / i want to play as a fighter (combat, social interaction, investigation, exploration, etc i like it all (investigation a little less) and age 22
Just a quick note: since I'm streaming and posting this on YouTube (and for other reasons), all players must be at least 18 years of age.
I can work with these times and conditions and would be willing to be flexible to fit the groups needs. I'm a bit new but I'll come prepared as to not ruin the experience for the table and screw with your stream. My RP history isn't vast but I usually try to act socially before I try anything else. I would like to be a wizard but I can do what needed for the group.
I'd like to throw my hat in the ring, but I have a couple of things I will say first. Having an end time that is 10 routinely is probably too late for me, but if it's once in a while, that's fine. Also, I played in a short lived (3 session) campaign of Tyranny of Dragons. I don't know anything else about it, but if that disqualifies me, I understand. I would really enjoy the roleplaying aspect of this, and I have dice that are probably older than some of the potential players. I have two characters in mind, a dwarf who delved too deeply and met one of the Great Old Ones; Zargon, the Returner, and formed a pact with it (Warlock). My second character would be a cynical cleric of the life domain (who maybe multiclasses at some point) who finds having to patch up the others all the time kind of exasperating (think of Bones from the original Star Trek).

Edited 1420171129
Crito
KS Backer
Sounds excellent for me! Won't be the first streamed series I've attended, so I'm definitely not shy. Thursdays work excellently, Wednesdays are fine, but if that became the permanent day then there would be very small chances that I'd be a tiny bit late, but with plenty of notice. I would actually prefer the sessions run longer, and four hours is decent. MY experience for 5e is only the Lost Mines of Phandelver one-shot, though I have a decades worth of RP under my belt on other editions/systems. We can probably discuss characters on the forum, as its something people will want to mull over (though I am thinking BARD or a ranger type!) I hope you'll take me!
I'm interested in joining in on this. Though I must say the webcam I have I got some time ago and the video quality isn't all that good. Not sure why a webcam is required but I guess I do have one for that, just not a good one. My gaming headset works like a charm though and the mic is good enough, and I assume audio quality is more important to gaming with a group. I'm heavy into the roleplaying aspects of games and RPGs and enjoy things like dialogue and story/backstory, so the character I go with would be more of a unique character and not entirely tailored for trying to fill a bunch of roles for combat, it would just be my character improvising based on what the final party layout would be. I should also mention that I have a bard in mind for playing a campaign or adventure with to start out on 5th Edition, and I noticed you mentioning a bard may not be a bad idea for someone going with. I would have him be a unique character with his own quirks, weaknesses, and backstory if we played, as long as you don't mind heavy roleplaying with a character like that who might do things other characters probably wouldn't consider doing.

Edited 1420195159
I would be up for participating. 24yr male. I have 4 years of 3.5e experience, 3 years of Pathfinder experience and I've played a couple sessions of 2e and 5e. I've played some Vampire: Masquerade and All Flesh Must Be Eaten too. I am available for any time on Wednesdays. I'm currently playing in a 5e home written campaign but that will not conflict with my schedule. As for character concept I'm not quite sure. Maybe a Dwarven Paladin or Druid if my statline permits? I can appreciate all forms of gameplay but my favourites would have to be Combat and Social Interaction. I really enjoy making a solid character concept and staying true to that concept. I had 1 question if it isn't too meta. You mentioned you wanted players willing to play in a campaign up to level 15. I've played multiple campaigns up to and past this point but I was just curious, What is the level progression going to be like?
A lot of it depends on how quickly the players go through the material, how much RP there is, etc. My guess is that at the early levels you will level every 2-3 sessions. Honestly, I'm not sure though, as this will be my first time running 5e, but that's usually about the progression I like in my games.
I'd be interested in joining if there is still room with all these replies. I would like to play a Human Fighter inspired by ancient Greek hoplite soldiers. I currently play several 3.5 games on roll20 and one 5e game locally as a Rogue/Ranger, and I've been meaning to bring my fighter out of concept and into a game. Alternately, I can repeat my Ranger or Rogue. I enjoy a balance of RP and Combat, and I play with a tactical mind rather than chaotically silly like some. I have a webcam that I use in games anyway, my environment is not noisy, I can make the start time of 6PM EST no problem and end time is no obstacle until 10:30. I don't mind being streamed, I am patient, and emotionally stable. I am available Wednesday and Thursday. I am Male, 27, though my character is female.
Unfortunately I've skimmed Hoard. Have fun!

Edited 1420229567
I would be very interested in joining. I have played a bunch of 3.5 and Pathfinder, and a little of 4.0 but I haven't played 5.0 yet, I have started reading the PHB of 5.0 though. I'd like to get some hands on with the changes. I absolutely love playing Bards, I'm thinking elf, half-elf, or if Aasimar is still a thing maybe that. However if someone else would like to be a bard I wouldn't mind taking a stab at Cleric or Rogue. I've never played a Cleric before but they sound fun, and I've played a rogue, but that campaign got cut short so I don't feel I've really gotten to try rogue. I am available both days, to 10 est, and am 24 years old (and female not that that's relevant).
Nathan L. said: Sounds excellent for me! Won't be the first streamed series I've attended, so I'm definitely not shy. Thursdays work excellently, Wednesdays are fine, but if that became the permanent day then there would be very small chances that I'd be a tiny bit late, but with plenty of notice. I would actually prefer the sessions run longer, and four hours is decent. MY experience for 5e is only the Lost Mines of Phandelver one-shot, though I have a decades worth of RP under my belt on other editions/systems. We can probably discuss characters on the forum, as its something people will want to mull over (though I am thinking BARD or a ranger type!) I hope you'll take me! Chrissy said: I would be very interested in joining. I have played a bunch of 3.5 and Pathfinder, and a little of 4.0 but I haven't played 5.0 yet, I have started reading the PHB of 5.0 though. I'd like to get some hands on with the changes. I absolutely love playing Bards , I'm thinking elf, half-elf, or if Aasimar is still a thing maybe that. However if someone else would like to be a bard I wouldn't mind taking a stab at Cleric or Rogue. I've never played a Cleric before but they sound fun, and I've played a rogue, but that campaign got cut short so I don't feel I've really gotten to try rogue. I am available both days, to 10 est, and am 24 years old (and female not that that's relevant). Let the Bards unite. :D While I remember looking at things for Baldur's Gate where people said having multiple Bards in a party playing that wasn't the best, I feel that's because of having to adhere to the game's rules for playing that since roleplaying aspects and dialogue/chatter only go so far. I think having more than one Bard in a party for actual tabletop roleplaying could be a good deal of fun depending on their personalities and how they mesh together and with the group. I think having multiple Bards around from a roleplaying perspective would certainly keep the Party's spirits up and could be very fun and amusing. After all playing D&D is most about the fun, rather than solely filling idealized roles for combat. Alignment clashes could be a thing too, though character gender could play a role as well with how I'm thinking my Bard would be crafted.
I still need one player for this campaign. Specifically, I need a player willing to play a cleric or some other type of dedicated healer. If everything in the original post sounds good to you, and you'd like to play a healer, please let me know.
I wouldn't mind playing a cleric. I'm new to the game and would like to play. Contact me on here or my skype sempiternalcynosure if youre interested to invite me
is it this Thursday and if it is who invited?
Can I join as a wizard?!
The group is currently full. Thanks for the interest guys! If any spots open up, I'll let you know.
I meet all your reqs, almost 40 years of RPG experience, not played Tiamat...but you play at 3pm my time, and I'm at work. Otherwise I'd love to join you, it sounds amazing.