Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Implement a better color picker...

Score + 102
I would like to have more control over color and transparency options with auras and tints and hopefully dynamic lighting someday... through a new color picker. There are numerous jQuery plugins that could be utilized as a starting point. <a href="http://www.jqueryscript.net/tags.php?/Colorpicker/" rel="nofollow">http://www.jqueryscript.net/tags.php?/Colorpicker/</a>
I had to pull a vote off something else to vote for this. Mostly because of the "dynamic lighting someday" part. It got mentioned in the add different light types thread, but didn't make the cut.
Woot, eight votes.
Some low hanging fruit right here! :)
Need moar votes please!
Why isn't this on the top of the to-do-list?! :P
Dunno.
I would love this! Upvoted.
Anybody else interested in this one?
up vote!!
This has been a peeve of mine for quite some time. Upvoted.
Still unsure why ideas like this have not taken off I as a DM in person draw the maps live while describing them to players and as it stands theres not a great way to do so the color options are subpar, the drawing tools are not great, and theres just so much quality of life improvements that could be had
Stephen C.
Pro
Sheet Author
This is the current color palate, organized in a more intuitive manner.&nbsp; Even if all they did was organize by hue, it would already be much easier to use. But I would love to see a real &nbsp;color picker, and not just a palate.
Vote!&nbsp;
This is just the "normal" color picker! For everything Dynamic Lighting related, the color picker looks like this: I really do NOT know why they use two different color pickers on the same site, but hey... it is there... Stephen C. said: This is the current color palate, organized in a more intuitive manner.&nbsp; Even if all they did was organize by hue, it would already be much easier to use. But I would love to see a real &nbsp;color picker, and not just a palate.
I do support a better color picker, it has my vote.
Gold
Forum Champion
That's pretty funny and clever Stephen!&nbsp; I see my favorite Gold player-color there, for my usual Roll20 golden yellow 3D dice. This particular palette also currently represents your existing choices for 3D dice colors. Stephen, did you find any kind of Logic to the way it is organized, before you sorted-by-hue? Was it in alphabetical order, or totally random nonsense, or some other hex-value ordering? That was never quite clear to me. Stephen C. said: This is the current color palate, organized in a more intuitive manner.&nbsp; Even if all they did was organize by hue, it would already be much easier to use. But I would love to see a real &nbsp;color picker, and not just a palate.
Stephen C.
Pro
Sheet Author
It has different shades from white to black, then an array of the big, bold colors (along with a red and a blue that aren't quite that way). After that, the colors are presented in groups by lightness. It will go from red to purple in a light shade, then red to purple in a slightly darker shade, and so on. It does have the blue and the greenish blue (the third-from-bottom and fourth-from-bottom in my image) switched on the order for some odd reason. I can understand how they came up with it, but just because there is &nbsp;an explanation for something doesn't make it a good &nbsp;explanation.
Stephen C.
Pro
Sheet Author
WTF, Roll20? This is the color picker for the Dynamic Lighting layer. You know, the layer that is invisible most of the time where colors don't matter, that players never see. The code is already written. All that's necessary is copy-pasting.&nbsp;
Stephen C.
Pro
Sheet Author
We've had a toolbar update, but the color picker is only marginally better.
They used to have another color Picker for the Avatar Color, but this seems to be deleted as it is no longer present in games... just tested it out of curiosity and still got the very old color picker... (counting the avatar color picker, they now have 3 different color pickers implemented)... why are they not able to implement just one all over the VTT and Layers?