Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

What is this?

Hello there, I have a report to send in. It would seem all of a sudden there are odd symbols which are letters and numbers before words and seem to replace the picture symbols inside my campaign. Mainly what is inside the red circles is what I mean. What are these and how do I fix them?
1420748344
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Technically, those letters had always been there. =) Roll20 uses a font called Pictos to render some images. For example, "^" is the flag icon used for sticky threads on the forum. It looks like Pictos hasn't loaded for you for some reason, so your browser is falling back to a font that it does have available... but that font isn't Pictos, so the random characters are revealed for what they are. I don't know why it's not loading for you, though.
1420748699
Gold
Forum Champion
The problem might be Internet Explorer, which is not supported by Roll20. Try opening it in Google Chrome or Firefox and see if it's still there? I don't know. Have never seen that particular issue before. Usually when I see unexpected small graphics inserted into a webpage, usually that's a sign of a virus or ad-ware on your computer, so you would want to do a scan (like Windows Defender, as I can see you're using Windows OS). Might want to try that anyway. Note that I don't know that your computer has a virus, it could be some other issue. If it's an adware it usually inserts clickable links. Graphically your issue looks different.
It's also possible that your browser is configured not to use fonts specified by a website (I do that on my browser here at work in order to force the font color to work on the dark background color I force on websites). For IE: in the General tab of Internet Options, click Accessibility. From there, disable Ignore font styles specified on webpages.
1420757342
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I'm sorry you're having trouble with the site. Can you please follow Steps 1-3, taking special care to temporarily disable all browser add-ons and extensions, temporarily pause your anti-virus, and try switching browsers (for Chrome/Firefox specific issues) to see if one of those components is causing the problem. If all of that fails, please follow Step 4 , including providing all of the necessary information, so that we can further assist you.
Yea this problem fixed itself when I restarted my computer apparently, but I will check out these steps if this happens again.