Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

D&D 5e Character Sheet Question

Greetings, I can't figure out why the D&D 5e character sheet will not auto-calculate the ability modifiers and I cannot fill in any of the areas that are "greened out". Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dave
1421005984

Edited 1421006040
Greened out are the fields that are disabled for editing. The field auto-calculates based upon information entered elsewhere. For example, if you enter your Strength, it will auto-calculate the modifier for you. If you check the Save Prof box, it will apply your Proficiency Bonus to it, which is calculated when you enter your class levels. If you have 3 levels of fighter, 1 level of wizard on the Class tab, it will auto-calculate the Overall Level on the Core Stats tab, which then auto-calculates the Proficiency Bonus. And around and around it goes.
Thanks for the reply, but I enter a strength for example of 16 and nothing appears in the green box. Same for all abilities, saves, etc. thanks,
That's very odd. I'm using a heavily modified version of that sheet, but I can check out the standard one available through roll20. Is that what you are using?
Yes. The standard D&D 5e character sheet. I created a campaign and chose that datasheet in the campaign options. When I'm in the campaign screen, I select to add a character and the datasheet opens up. When I enter the attributes the auto-calculations don't work. I tried deleting the existing campaign and started a new one to see if that would work, but the same error occurs. I appreciate your help...thanks.
That's very odd, very odd indeed. I just did what you described (albeit on the Dev server at the moment) and it worked fine. I'll try on the production server in a second and let you know what I see (if anything).
Very odd indeed... I was able to do it just fine. Obvious question, but it has to be asked -- you are switching to another field once you enter the information, correct?
Thanks Sean. It's not part of premium service or anything like that is it?
Yes, I have entered multiple fields, tried closing the character sheet and re-opening. I entered a character level in the class tab, in case that needed to be initialized...and nothing.
It shouldn't be, no. The only option really that should be available only to Mentors is the Custom Sheet, I believe. I can log in with my dummy account and create a campaign, and test that way. Stand by.
I am able to use all the other features of the software, drag and drop a map, add tokens, stream music....I've made some dice macros, etc. Its just the data sheet auto-fill that is the problem...
Just tested it on my dummy account for testing things like that, and it worked fine. For s's and g's, exit the game. Go into your Campaign Settings, and choose a different character sheet -- none would be good for this so no extra fields are added -- then save your settings. Go back into the Campaign. When you open the character journal, you should see no character sheet tab. Exit the game again. Go back into your settings, and set the Dungeons and Dragons 5th Ed. character sheet. Save settings, and go back into your campaign to see if the character sheet is there now and if so -- whether you can do what needs to be done.
1421009984
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
@David R - Can you post a screenshot of the core stats section of the sheet when it's not working and i'll take a look. Also just to double check, you are seeing this on a brand new campaign with a brand new character? I only ask this because experience has taught me that old attributes that have been defined on a character either by manually adding them or by using a different sheet can cause problems if the attribute names clash
Totally agree there Actoba. When my group switched to 5e from 3.5, there were some minor issues from the two sheets since I copied the campaign. Nothing like this, however.
Hi Sean, I tried what you suggested and the problem still remains. Actoba, Yes, its a new campaign, new character and I am logged on as GM (default I think). I just started a new character and added some ability scores that should trigger mods...see below: Thanks for all of your help...
That's hard to see...sorry...I hope you can expand the image somehow...
Hey David -- just noticing you're using IE...we don't "officially" fully support it. Are you using Chrome Frame by any chance? If not, try using Chrome or Firefox and see if that fixes the problem. We're working right now to add official support for IE 10+.
Thanks Riley...that is indeed the issue. I appreciate the support from Sean, Actoba and yourself and I apologize if the lack of support for IE was mentioned somewhere and I missed it. Great software and a community to match...you have a new fan! Regards, David R
No problem! It should have given you a warning and if not that's on us. I'll look into that.
Internet Exploiter.... grrr.... Times like this, I'm glad I use a Mac. What am I talking about? I just spent all night fighting my own battle with a dummy account name. Glad it's working for you though David!