Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Unable to see text chat

Hey, new user of Roll20, and just started a campaign with a couple of friends. It was going well, but within 5 minutes we ran into a serious issue.. Both me and one other player are unable to see new text messages. To be more precise, everything was working fine, but after a few minutes, suddenly both me and the other play stopped seeing text updates, as well as pings. Not sure how to reproduce this, but we're both using the latest version of chrome. I did try using firefox, but ran into the same issue. We both restarted several times, to no avail. Please help :( Edit: Uh, more info: Windows 8, Firefox 20.0, Cookies/Java Enabled, Flash Version: 11.6.602, Browser size: 1920 x 866.
1368151653
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Could you read this thread :  Submitting bug reports  and follow it's instructions. The devs need all the information from the supportdetails.com except your ip address. All this usually helps them with figuring out what happened. A dev or a mod will probably be around shortly to ask more questions but having the info up and waiting helps speed up the process.
Updated, not sure how i'd reproduce this however. It kinda just happened, and only to two of us, so it's probably not the method since the other players all did the same thing, but did not run into any issues
1368154340
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Did you have any other program open while doing this? Sometimes an instant messenger will cause a glitch or if you had another program that normal is not open could have caused a conflict.
1368155137
Gauss
Forum Champion
To add to what Metroknight said, please also check to make sure extensions and plugins are disabled. They can cause issues.  - Gauss
I tried disabling all extensions, plugins, etc. I also tried lightening the privacy settings, accepting all cookies, all to no avail.. I ended up just ignoring the problem; instead asking the other players what I rolled etc, and after perhaps 2ish hours: it suddenly started updating the chat/showing rolls. Since then I've only had one session, but it worked fine.. So I guess it was a freak accident? Thanks for the help. 
1368988949
Gauss
Forum Champion
Let us know if the problem happens again.  - Gauss