Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Maps for Hoard of the Dragon Queen

Paul S.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hey all - I've made maps for pretty much all of Hoard of the Dragon Queen (book 1). All are to scale per the book. (After importing into roll20 and placing on a map layer, set dimensions to the original image dimensions and set page size accordingly - pixel dimensions divided by 70). If you want copies, send me a PM. I'm providing these FREE in hopes of good karma. Most are "undecorated" (meaning they don't have furniture/rugs/etc). I use in-game tokens for decorations because it is easier than GIMP or photoshop. Some are LARGE (9MB). The only maps I DON'T have yet are the maps for the Sky Reach Castle (Last episode in book 1). Example of map:
Paul S.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I also have pretty much all the maps for the Jade Regent adventure path. Some of those aren't as good because my skills were more limited when I started out. But if you want those, I'll happily share those as well.
These maps are GREAT. nice job!!!!
Paul S.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Glad you like them!
Gold
Forum Champion
Nice of you to share your efforts in mapping.
If you want the actual maps, you can find them here . They are not too expensive and it's the actual guy who made the maps! Plus they are awesome for importing into Roll20! The big ones are particularly satisfying, since if you printed them out they would be 7' x 8' or something lol

Edited 1421996140
Those maps are great for the towns and such, but the dungeon ones (the episode 3 dungeon in particular) are pretty disappointing. I actually greatly prefer Paul's map for the hatchery! No premade grid to hassle with and it looks great. Only issue i've had with it so far is that there's some missing staircases/secretdoors that are just tunnels, but that's a very small issue and easy to fix. So far, that's the only one of his I've actually used, but the rest look pretty awesome too.
awesome! just sent a PM.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I love the shading for depth technique Paul is using. Totally going to steal that... :)
are you working on sky reach castle
Paul S.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Will be working on Sky Reach tomorrow. Relaxing after a 6 hour live session right now. Phew! DMing can be fun but six hours is long.
Paul S.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Map for Sky Reach Upper is in the folder for all you who have requested maps. Sky Reach lower and Vault will be added later this week. I was going to post an example - but I don't want to give too much away to PCs :P
Thanks! Very nice.. I wish I would've had these sooner heh
I just love the idea, i'm about to start DMing this campaign
what do you use to make the maps
Paul S.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
GIMP. GIMP is like photoshop - but free and slightly less intuitive. Once you learn the tricks though... it isn't too bad. Cartographer's Guild has a bunch of good tutorials. But it really comes down to trial and error. Lots of error. Its a trial.
I just sent a PM as well, so that I can check out these maps. :)
After dming a few games using these maps I feel like I have to thank you again! These are great!
Paul S.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Glad you like them - I added the last maps for book 1. Haven't started on book 2 yet.
I sent a message as well as I would love to use these maps. I am a new DM so this would help out GREATLY.
sent you a PM, Paul S. You are awesome for doing this!
Ooooo.. PM Sent, this is exactly what I need right now! Thanks in advance!
Paul S. what a guy. I hope the karma comes quickly. Just sent a PM
Did you make tokens for the mobs too? I've spent ages looking around for something similar to: <a href="http://www.reddit.com/r/DnD/comments/2m08wq/lost_m" rel="nofollow">http://www.reddit.com/r/DnD/comments/2m08wq/lost_m</a>... Though obviously it'd be best if they were already transparent and cut into individual images (I did that all myself if anyone is looking for them)
RMcD said: Did you make tokens for the mobs too? I've spent ages looking around for something similar to: <a href="http://www.reddit.com/r/DnD/comments/2m08wq/lost_m" rel="nofollow">http://www.reddit.com/r/DnD/comments/2m08wq/lost_m</a>... Though obviously it'd be best if they were already transparent and cut into individual images (I did that all myself if anyone is looking for them) &lt;Huge Edit of Cure Critical Oops&gt; I am soooooo sorry. sooo soo very sorry, i didnt finish reading your post, i jumped to comclusions, and i raged.... i did... i feel bad.. really bad... i have been looking at the LFG tool these last couple hours... its a poor excuse, but if you have seen some of the poeple applying to some of the games i have posted on my accounts.... i swear you would rage too. see the way i read it, was you wanted some to make tokens for you... ( i did not see that you already did it yourself and offered them to others)

Edited 1428015366
Just PMed you Paul :)
Paul S.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've begun updating the folder I shared with book 2 maps... got Sea of Moving Ice maps done as well as Xonthil's Tower. More to come. Enjoy.
Any chance someone can help me get these maps? New player trying to DM this for my friends who are starting this weekend
Just sent you a PM Paul, im gonna start running this soonish, would love some maps for it :)
Ditto, thanks in advance paul.
Paul S.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've finished Tiamat's Temple and placed it in the folder you all have the link for. A note - I made one large base layer (level 1) and the various other levels are .pngs that you can "make visible" (move from GM layer to Map layer) as your players move to them. They are all labeled TiamatTemple* in the folder. I've also got Diderius's tomb in there now. I'll be finishing the Well of Dragons soon.
Thanks paul for your hard work on these they will be such a HUGE help as soon as my group can get that far lol
Sent a PM, Paul. Thank you for everything you have done here!
So I am a long time D&D player who is trying to start a D&D5 group with old college buddies. This would be so helpful to get me started
Just PM'ed you. I cant wait to see your maps. I am a long time D&Der but new to VTT's. I love Roll20 and so does my group.
Thanks again for these maps, they are most helpful. Cheers!
Just PM you... Cant wait to have this ones !!
Thanks for doing this :).
Sent a PM, thanks so much for your help :)
Just sent a PM :) Running a campaign myself as a first time DM and am very nervous :P Thanks so much for offering a great resource :)

Edited 1432579912
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Bom_BARD said: &lt;&lt; DELETED &gt;&gt; Your post has been deleted! When you signed up for Roll20 you agreed to abide by a Code of Conduct and this post violates the No Piracy Allowed section of the code. If you don’t own the rights, don't share it! Freely available does not mean free. Just because you can find where someone has uploaded something copyrighted does not mean you have a right to it. Please don't promote piracy on our forums.
Wow! These maps are insane! Ive had a look at them side by side to the HotDQ book and they are amazing!! Well done!
Sent a message to Paul, I look forward to these if he is still giving these :D
These maps are great! Paul did exceptional work!
These look stunning would I be able to get a look in? I'm just starting the campaign with my group. It's our first Roll20 outing. I have sent a PM
Would these maps still be available? They would be a huge help in my campaign!
I too would love the link to your map work!
I too sent a PM. I'm just starting a campaign with my group :)
I'm about to start episode 2 with my group, could I get a link too?
This seems awesome, I'm just about to start a campaign. Can i have link?