Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

I'm sure im just a moron; but....

How do i export a character i made in my own created GM campaign to use in a campaign where i will be a player? It says he was exported successfully into the new campaign; but his character sheet does not exist. Please help.
1421996128
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Are you talking about exporting him to the Chatacter vault?
1421996146
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
look above in the blue banner to see "My Vault". Click on it and enter it, you will see to the right a button called "Import existing characters". Click on it and then choose your campaign then the character then you click on "import character". That should put the character in the vault. Now the GM or the Campaign Creator has to have that feature enabled also for you to export the character into his campaign (I also think he has to be using that specific sheet style also). <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/My_Vault" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/My_Vault</a>
1421996302
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Character Vault instructions: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/My_Vault" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/My_Vault</a> I've never tried this as a player before, but it does say it may talks a few minutes. Also, the DM of the campaign needs to allow imports in the campaign settings for it to work.
The DM allowed imports and it says success when I click report. But one in the campaign my character isn't anywhere to be found.
1421996837
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
ok, I'm going to shift this over to the bug and technical forum so more eyes can look at it.
1421996895
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I believe the GM still needs to give you control of the imported character. If he hasn't done that, it would only show up for you. Can you verify the GM doesn't see the character listed?
1421996999

Edited 1421997182
The GM could not see it. I don't believe that the GM is supporter status. Would that make a difference?
1421997583
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Last paragraph of thst wiki page: Once the Character is exported to the Campaign, it will be up to the GM of that game to set it up (giving you permission to edit it) properly.
1421997636
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Aaron E. said: The GM could not see it. I don't believe that the GM is supporter status. Would that make a difference? Hmm. I don't think it would... Guess we'll have to escalate.
Ok. I bought him a gift subscription just in case. So hopefully it works soon.
It shouldn't make a difference what level the GM is. What's the link to the game where you exported it, and the name of the Character you exported?
1422025868

Edited 1422025935
Trying to import character Mentle Underchase into mines
Aaron E. said: Trying to import character Mentle Underchase into mines There are 6 copies of him in the underlying Campaign data. It looks to me like everything transferred correctly (attributes, default token, etc). Are you sure your GM can't see him? If not let me know but it looks like this is a problem with the GM not seeing it, not a problem with the Transmogrifier not working.
1422026312

Edited 1422026479
He said he couldn't. Perhaps he's not looking in the right place. Is there somewhere I should direct him to look?
1422033629
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
In the Journal tab. Have him make sure he doesn't have a search in the search box.
1422037539
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
The Aaron said: In the Journal tab. Have him make sure he doesn't have a search in the search box. Been there. Done that. :-)
I can export a character from his campaign into mine and it shows up with no issue; but he couldn't see anything. And I couldn't see my character in the character journal either.
1422293322
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Aaron, are you still have issues importing the character?
It would seem the DM found him. Maybe he was just looking in the wrong spot. I greatly appreciate all the help.
1422309651
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Glad it worked out. Happy rolling.