Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

All images gone

So I opened up my campaign today to do some prep work and all the images were gone. All the maps and even everyone's character icons. Why?
1421996630

Edited 1421996681
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
The shards that the servers are on were experiencing some problems, please give it some time. More info here: <a href="https://twitter.com/roll20app" rel="nofollow">https://twitter.com/roll20app</a> and <a href="http://status.roll20.net/" rel="nofollow">http://status.roll20.net/</a>
1422002134
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Adam, it happened to me once and I freaked OUT. Luckily, things came back online pretty soon after and all was well. The shards that the servers are on were experiencing some problems, please give it some time. More info here: <a href="https://twitter.com/roll20app" rel="nofollow">https://twitter.com/roll20app</a> and <a href="http://status.roll20.net/" rel="nofollow">http://status.roll20.net/</a> Wow. Did we get more shards? I never noticed 4 pages...
1422002733
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
There is 30 shards for production (I think there was 20 shards about a year ago).
We added 20 new shards last week, yes.
1422029551

Edited 1422041551
Any eta on when this problem will be fixed as it has affected me as well. I can't view or place anything I or the players in my game upload. The only tokens I can see are those 'from the web'. I've tried clearing the cache, I've tried using both Firefox and Chrome, I've rebooted my computer and the problem still hasn't gone away. I checked the status of all the shards on status.roll20.net and found no issues listed. I've checked for conflicting plugins and found nothing that would cause the issue on my end. All I see when I view my library at <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/library" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/library</a> are broken link icons. When I use the console I see the problem as '"Error loading image, probably due to cors. Trying once without CORS for (image link here)" for each image link, each of which starts with '<a href="https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io" rel="nofollow">https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io</a>'. it does not matter if I am using firefox, or chrome. I have checked that it isn't my firewall program (Comodo) as I tried it both with the firewall temporarily disabled and with the firewall up after making sure exceptions were in place to make sure the firewall wouldn't be causing the issue.
This Seth K. has the same problems as the previous Seth K. What he said, only 4 hours later.
1422050738
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I'm sorry you're having trouble with the site. Can you please follow Steps 1-3, taking special care to temporarily disable all browser add-ons and extensions, temporarily pause your anti-virus, and try switching browsers (for Chrome/Firefox specific issues) to see if one of those components is causing the problem. If all of that fails, please follow Step 4 , including providing all of the necessary information, so that we can further assist you.
I am experiencing the same problem, it seems, except 1 Token appears on 1 of my 13 Pages, and 1 character avatar image has survived. I will try following the steps oulined by Steve K....
Same problem as well, followed steps 1-3 and nothing's changed. Waiting for an answer/solution.
What happens when you guys click on this link directly in your browser? <a href="https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/201061/8naBK97mbUTm4F8eqErCfQ/thumb.png?1347277828" rel="nofollow">https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/201061/8naBK97mbUTm4F8eqErCfQ/thumb.png?1347277828</a>
If it helps, I had this problem earlier today. It turned out to be my Adblock Plus and when I allowed the Roll20 site onto my list of approved sites and then refreshed, it fixed. I don't know if any of you have Adblock, but it worked for me.
1422056629
Melanie P.
Marketplace Creator
Same here - disabled AdBlock and all my images returned. AI overstepping its boundaries in a first bid to take over the world? Time will tell.
@Steve: my computer informs me that I'm attempting to open a .png image and asks how I want to proceed - either to view it with a program or save the file. @ Alex & Mel: this method worked for me as well, though I'm worried if it means ads will be able to get through to me via roll20 now...
Riley D. said: What happens when you guys click on this link directly in your browser? <a href="https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/201061/8naBK97mbUTm4F8eqErCfQ/thumb.png?1347277828" rel="nofollow">https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/201061/8naBK97mbUTm4F8eqErCfQ/thumb.png?1347277828</a> I'm having the same situation helpful C states with that link, view or download the png. However I know it isn't adblock for me as I added an exception for adblock and noscript for roll20 over a month ago. However without going through steps 1-3 again (as I went through them last night) the images are working again for me as I opened up hte campaign in a window just to have a baseline prior to going through the steps again. Not sure what 'fixed' the issue as I'm still not sure what caused it.
Disabling AdBlockPlus worked for me!
Indeed, it looks like Adblock Plus decided to start blocking S3 files on all sites. Again (this is the second time they have done this). They usually fix it shortly thereafter. I have no idea why they keep adding that rule as it makes no sense at all. Hopefully it's fixed for now, though.