Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Problem Copy Pasting a Group of Tiles

If you can see the image below, I started by creating a wall of brick on the left. I took those three squares and made them into a group. Then I copied and pasted it to make a wall on the right. When I select the newly pasted group, one of the tiles inside the group snaps to the grid while the other tiles remain where they are. From them on, the position of the tiles within group is permanently distorted (see the right wall in the image below). How to I get the newly pasted group to snap to the grid as one unit? How do I prevent objects with a group from moving independently of each other? Is there an easier way to create walls? This issue I'm having kind of defeats the purpose of grouping things. I'm using Firefox 29.01
1422435518
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi louis. Moving a group can be a little awkward at first. It's easy to accidentally select a single token within a group. If you move your cursor directly over a group you will see a 4-way arrow cursor indicating you can move the group. If you do not first click and release before moving, you will have selected a single token within the group which will move independent of the group. Once you release(drop) the token it becomes part of the group again although it's position has changed. BTW, you can use CTRL+Z to undo if this happens by accident. If you want to move a group, you need to select the group before moving it. You can click and release the group before moving or select the entire group by either dragging a selection box around the group or dragging a selection box that bisects one of the groups edges. You will know you have selected the group, when you see blue outline with resize handles. Hope this helps.
1422463292
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Louis, being able to move a single member of a group is an outstanding bug that we're aware of. Vince's suggestion is a good one on how to work around the problem. We're sorry for the inconvenience.
1422479724
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Just an update. I can see that even doing the click and release to select the group can be problematic. I would right-click a group to select it and then move it instead.