Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Stuck on loading screen

Every time I try to go into a game, it gets stuck at the loading screen. I don't seem to have any problems with the rest of the website. The others have been playing with no issues. The last time I played was around Sept or maybe Oct last year so I've already installed/uninstalled quite a few programs since then. But as far as my browsers are concerned they're still mostly the same as back then. I tried Chrome(Chrome 41.0.2272.35) and Opera (Chrome 40.0.2214.91) with JS enabled and extensions disabled, also cleared cache. Support Details seems to show Opera as Chrome. OS is Win7. I'm not sure about the console, but I think this is it. app.roll20.net/:8 Refused to execute inline script because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "script-src 'self' 'unsafe-eval' https://*.googlesyndication.com https://*.doubleclick.net <a href="https://partner.googleadservices.com" rel="nofollow">https://partner.googleadservices.com</a> <a href="https://www.googletagservices.com" rel="nofollow">https://www.googletagservices.com</a> <a href="https://ssl.google-analytics.com" rel="nofollow">https://ssl.google-analytics.com</a> <a href="https://www.google-analytics.com" rel="nofollow">https://www.google-analytics.com</a> <a href="https://ajax.googleapis.com" rel="nofollow">https://ajax.googleapis.com</a> <a href="https://d3clqjduf2gvxg.cloudfront.net" rel="nofollow">https://d3clqjduf2gvxg.cloudfront.net</a> <a href="https://cdn.firebase.com" rel="nofollow">https://cdn.firebase.com</a> https://*.firebaseio.com https://*.tokbox.com https://*.opentok.com <a href="http://static.opentok.com" rel="nofollow">http://static.opentok.com</a>". Either the 'unsafe-inline' keyword, a hash ('sha256-...'), or a nonce ('nonce-...') is required to enable inline execution. app.roll20.net/:9 Refused to execute inline script because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "script-src 'self' 'unsafe-eval' https://*.googlesyndication.com https://*.doubleclick.net <a href="https://partner.googleadservices.com" rel="nofollow">https://partner.googleadservices.com</a> <a href="https://www.googletagservices.com" rel="nofollow">https://www.googletagservices.com</a> <a href="https://ssl.google-analytics.com" rel="nofollow">https://ssl.google-analytics.com</a> <a href="https://www.google-analytics.com" rel="nofollow">https://www.google-analytics.com</a> <a href="https://ajax.googleapis.com" rel="nofollow">https://ajax.googleapis.com</a> <a href="https://d3clqjduf2gvxg.cloudfront.net" rel="nofollow">https://d3clqjduf2gvxg.cloudfront.net</a> <a href="https://cdn.firebase.com" rel="nofollow">https://cdn.firebase.com</a> https://*.firebaseio.com https://*.tokbox.com https://*.opentok.com <a href="http://static.opentok.com" rel="nofollow">http://static.opentok.com</a>". Either the 'unsafe-inline' keyword, a hash ('sha256-...'), or a nonce ('nonce-...') is required to enable inline execution. <a href="https://cdn.firebase.com/js/client/1.0.15/firebase.js" rel="nofollow">https://cdn.firebase.com/js/client/1.0.15/firebase.js</a> Failed to load resource: net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED <a href="https://tokbox.com/v1.1/js/TB.min.js" rel="nofollow">https://tokbox.com/v1.1/js/TB.min.js</a> Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) app.js:22 70 app.js:23 TOUCH SUPPORTED: false app.js:23 USING WEBGL ACCELERATION... app.js:23 WEBGL STARTUP SUCCESS app.js:22 Uncaught ReferenceError: Firebase is not defined app.roll20.net/:35 Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function
1422744400
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Mike, I'm sorry you're having trouble with the site. Can you please follow Steps 1-3, taking special care to temporarily disable all browser add-ons and extensions, temporarily pause your anti-virus, and try switching browsers (for Chrome/Firefox specific issues) to see if one of those components is causing the problem. If all of that fails, please follow Step 4 , including providing all of the necessary information, so that we can further assist you.
1422765268

Edited 1422765321
Hi, thanks for responding. I've already tried Steps 1-3 using Chrome, Firefox, Opera and even IE, cleared the cache, disabled extensions and also disabled the firewall. Nothing worked. I posted here because I thought that's what Step 4 meant. Maybe I was supposed to PM someone? If so, could you tell me who to contact?
1422833945
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Mike, the reason I suggested those steps (again) is because of the error you're getting suggests to me that a 3rd party application isn't allowing the javascript necessary for Roll20 to load. Can you try temporarily disabiling your anti-virus and seeing if that clears it up?
Hmmm. I tried again just in case. Disable extensions/plug ins/firewall and clear cache in each browser and still nothing. I even tried uninstalling my AV and it still didn't work. Also tried it on my roommate's desktop and still nothing. So I'm guessing this must be an issue with our net/ISP/whatever it's called. After three days of tinkering I'm done with this (for now). It used to work a few months ago, so maybe if I wait a few months it might start working again. heh. Anyways, it's been fun. You guys have a great thing going here and I wish you guys more success.
1422894591
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
You and your roommate use the same router I'm assuming? It's possible that the router's firewall is the culprit if it's affecting both of your computers.
It appears the newest version of Java version 8 update 31 is causing the problem. I updated today for work related purposes and now I am having the same issues as Mike is. Tried steps 1-3, completely rebooted the machine, disabled anti-virus .... nothing helped.
1422905896

Edited 1422905907
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Jim B. said: It appears the newest version of Java version 8 update 31 is causing the problem. I updated today for work related purposes and now I am having the same issues as Mike is. Tried steps 1-3, completely rebooted the machine, disabled anti-virus .... nothing helped. I don't think roll20 requires Java. Javascript, yes. At least I do not allow Java "in-browser" and I don't have any issues...
1422906542
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Vince is correct, Roll20 requires Javascript and not Java. They're distinct programming languages. Do you have a console log you can share Jim?