Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Download Zip Corrupted

I purchased Quick Encounters: Temples 1 by Gabriel Pickard. I received a "Download Complete Set" link. The download completes, but when I try to extract the files (even just one), I receive the following error message: "... The archive is either in unknown format or damaged" I tried the download twice to make sure, and both times the same error message when extraction is attempted. I'm using Chrome and have no issues with zip downloads from other sites. It's something I do often, e.g. DeviantArt zip downloads. I would appreciate some help with this. Regards, James
It would appear the fault is some form of race condition. I noticed in My Vault that not all the items were showing (54 in total). I've since waited a while longer and now they do, and lo and behold the zip download also works. If the zip file is somehow not yet available it would be prudent to either NOT show the download link (instead showing a suitable wait message), alternatively have the link yield a pop-up asking the user to wait. Hope that helps you locate the problem. All the best, James
1423000083
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Sorry that you're having issues getting your art assets. I'll look into the problem you described.
I found a mistake in one of the art pieces, and the artist Gabriel kindly uploaded a new version. I noticed that for several hours afterward, the zip remained corrupted, but with more and more files appearing in the index each time. Is the zip built once, and that process takes time, or is it built on a per download basis? I assume the former. Anyway, I'm not sure if that helps. In the end Gabriel very kindly emailed me the new version, as I was unable, despite many attempts, to download a zip file that wasn't corrupted. I'd like to be buy more items, so I hope I'm not plagued with corruption to the point of giving up. Regards, James