Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Paying for support and relieving only dissatisfaction

Just paid for supporter level for one year so I could have device supported, this is not working...can't scoll, resize or really use this with iOS 8.1.3 very very disappointed in the money I wasted for an unusable function!
1422996541
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Shamus, I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the tablet support. What's your tablet and what issues are you having? It sounds like touch events on your device aren't triggering properly.
correct, and you can not even see map. I like what you are building, but I feel you sold me a service you are not yet prepared to offer. I put 150 hrs into a game I may not be able to run. then I paid for a year of using it when it may be that long before you are able to provide the service...
1423014077
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I'm sorry you're having issues with the tablet support. What tablet model are you using? Can you go into any more detail on the trouble you're experiencing? What do you mean you can not even see the map? The more detail you can provide the better we'll be able to assist you.
I will look for model but itbmakes me a little more hopeful that u have responded so quickly and twice. The screen is over crowded and the map gets covered up by the tools and other screen items like text field and key pad. In device u cannot resize these items (or character sheet or any thing), so you cannot effectively partipate. I will download and attempt on Firefox.
1423015988

Edited 1423016068
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I'm going to guess you're using an iPad, iPad Mini, or iPad Air since you're talking about iOS 8 as your operating system. You can provide us with a screen capture of what you're seeing by pressing the Lock Button and the Main Menu Button at the same time. It should make a camera shutter sound to let you know you've captured the photo. If you could provide a screen shot I might be able to assist you further. Which browser are you using on iOS? Chrome is our recommended browser. Here is a short guide explaining how to use our tablet support. You should be able to use a single touch to hide the menu bar by clicking on the button in the upper right hand corner, which should increase the screen real estate for using the map. A single finger should select objects on the table top while two fingers should scroll and pan.
I was using safari, but see now that I need chrome. The Skype suggestion may be the only solution to chat, since going back and forth with keyboard is so difficult. Have you guys thought about sourcing an actual app? This would allow greater reformating for devices... I would purchased the app! I am sure most would as pads, tablets, and smart phones are finding their way to every gaming table I have seen. I have for now switched to my lower quality tablet with larger screen since it is android based and works better with chrome. In general it seems I would have been better off on laptop on which I could have remained using for free...
1423022225
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Coming with our next update, The Update of Holding, will be a player app for iPad and Android that focuses on Roll20's features slimmed down for a tablet experience. The app will also be free. <a href="http://blog.roll20.net/post/104153034845/coming-to" rel="nofollow">http://blog.roll20.net/post/104153034845/coming-to</a>...
Thank you, that would likely really solve most of what I am seeing here. The site and its features seemed to be the answer to moving so far from everyone I game with, and I became a supporter so that I could play on the go. I had not seen the above "short guide" explaining tablet, even when I came here to find why it wasn't working. Maybe we could edit in the link into the "getting started". thanks for the link, the quick response, and the upcoming "Update of Holding" and subsequent app; I feel that all of my issues will be solved by one or the other.
1423027392
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I'm glad to help. Feel free to PM me if you have any additional questions.