Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Idea for a M&M 3E Game

I'm interested in running a M&M 3E game set in the DC Universe, but I'd like to combine elements of the Marvel to create our own version of the DCU. Specifically, I'd like to introduce the idea of mutants to the DCU. Basically the X-Men set in the DCU. Would anyone be interested in this sort of game? Also, I've never used Roll20 before, so this would be new territory for me. 
Hi i would be interested i am pretty young (15) and new to Tabletop RPGS and i dont know M&M that well but i would like to play if your will to help me learn or dont mind playing with someone who is young.
I would be interested in a no-skype game on Tuesdays. I am super interested in Mutants and Masterminds Third Edition.
After a few minutes I've pondered the possibilities, and now I'm interested, Would you be GMing or are looking for another?
jacob b: There is no age requirement for this game. As long you're a good gamer, I don't care how old you are. I've been playing M&M for years and can help new players learn the game. It's actually quite simple. John "No Skype" T: The game will be most likely take place on Thursday night. I was planning on using Skype, unless you know of a better free online phone service.  Mitchell H: I will be GMing this game.  If this game gets started, it will meet bi-weekly on Thursday nights from 8-11 EST. I'm looking for 4 player characters. 
Interested.   
I'm interested in this. I've played a little bit of M&M2E, how much different is 3E from that?
You can find a version of the mutants and masterminds third edition rules at <a href="http://www.d20herosrd.com" rel="nofollow">www.d20herosrd.com</a> . There's a conversion PDF at Mutantsandmasterminds.com somewhere...&nbsp; <a href="http://www.mutantsandmasterminds.com/gimmicks_gadgets/cat_mutants_masterm.php" rel="nofollow">http://www.mutantsandmasterminds.com/gimmicks_gadgets/cat_mutants_masterm.php</a>
then id love to play : )&nbsp;
What else from Marvel are you planning on adding into this new universe?
I'm going to include elements that may be similar to Marvel continuity, but nothing specific (no X-Men, FF, etc). This is the DCU, but with thematic elements pulled for the Marvel U.&nbsp; Although, maybe Thanos will show up the with the Reality Gem and merge the two together... ;)
Nice :) &nbsp;Just wondering, you want us to be mutants or whatever we wish?
You can have any powers you wish, but I'd like all of your characters to be mutants. I'll have a write up soon explaining the event that led to mutants developing in the DCU.&nbsp;
What if I dont want any powers? :)
Well, what's your concept? Are you planning on having enhanced senses/skills? I'd like whatever sets you apart from regular humans to be explained by this mutant gene.&nbsp;
No idea just wondering :)
Well... I had an idea for a mutant... This character's Mutation is limited to vocal folds and having dexterous hands capable of roughly primate scale fine manipulation. This character's Psychic powers are limited to the theme "Speeding up the process." The character would have two skills at power level limits: Stealth, Technology. "Agent Alice Tyra"&nbsp;is cursed with a persistent SNAFU with his paperwork that leads everyone to assume from his partly garbled file that he is female. And the paperwork SNAFU never leads them to assume "Agent Tyra" is a dinosaur until behind them appears (high stealth), in a regulation business casual suit, wielding the proper credentials, stands a Tyrannosaur.
&nbsp; I would&nbsp;be very interested&nbsp;in joining if you have room for another. I was thinking of playing an Earth Controller that encases himself in minerals and then is basically a powerhouse/paragon (defenses like a powerhouse, Strength like a paragon) &nbsp;
I might be interested in this also if there's room, depending on the day. I have a little experience with M&amp;M2E but it's been years... and all I got to do was make two characters that I never actually got to play. If there's no room, I'd be curious to at least spectate the game if the players and GM had no objections to that sort of thing.
I am/was interested in your idea, but it seems the listing has poofed. Was going to play an Energy Controller at the PL you wanted, have everything ready to put on a physical sheet. Just need the ok and all that jazz.
*eye raised emote* Spectate? &nbsp;Could I get an invitation in order to spectate please?
I've been drooling over this for the last few days lol. I have thought of this same idea of including mutants in the DC universe and has a lot of story potential. I understand if you're full, but if you have anyone who can't participate I would love to fill in. For that matter I would find it entertaining to just watch/listen to the sessions.&nbsp;
Sadly, there ARE mutants in the DC Universe. A good number of the metahumans in the DCU are mutants lol
He's talking about mutants with the X-Gene... which is Marvel only. Don't really know how he's planning to distinguish them from one another, or maybe the idea is just to make them one and the same. But I haven't heard anything back about it yet so I could be wrong.
IN my initial talks with him, before he removed the posting, he said it was something akin to like what happened in Dakota with Static. Was my impression anyway....
My mistake, then. Seems like it's a dead venture either way. :/
Bummer, Hopefully E2J will have an opportunity to begin the campaign in the future.