Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Wednesday 2/11/15 Session

Edited 1424272078
Total GOLD and XP earned this adventure: 41,000gp and 50,200xp Each player receives: 5,125gp and 6,275xp Remember that if you brought a companion you may share any amount of xp with them, but you are required to give them half your share of the loot (except Tombalku). ************************************************************************************************************************ Participating Players: Jesse/Ka'gron (Fighter), Erik/Fred (Fighter), Marcus/Chris (Fighter), Curtis/John (Mage), Lorielle/James (Mage), Emery/Blaze (Thief), Ramkus/Rich (Cleric), Zio/Blake (Thief) , Brody/Fred (Fighter), Oudee/Blake (Mage) - 8 Players Elberon, Tombalku, Lorna - 3 NPCs Killed 3 HD Giant tick Obtained 2 sets of costume full plates and a snake puppet Zio disappears, Erik dies, Brody joins, Oudee joins Killed 11 HD Plutonian Wizard(Xylarthen) Obtained +2 Magic Staff, Golden Apple(100 Gold), 20 Glowing Starlike Diamonds(1000 gp each), 20000 square shaped gold coins with holes in the middle(20000 gold), Cursed -2 Sword, Potion of Undead control (effects 2d8 undead creatures under 4 hd 1d4 4+ HD, 1 round after consumption, control), 1 Unidentified Potion Ramkus left Killed 3 3+2 HD plutonian worms Obtained 1 red gem(500 gp), 1 green gem(500 gp)
Kevin the Barbarian
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Looked like he was by himself, so probably went down quick.
Not a quick fight! He cast Wall of Ice, Jesse had to break through that, then he cast Darkness and the only one who could see him was Ramkus. We played it smart and moved around him so he couldn't get us all with that ice beam again. Ramkus cast continual light and with X trapped in Lorielle's webbing we were able to finish him off. Well those of us that could reach him, he was using levitate so was too high for most of us to reach. Caught him in his jammies. Didn't have his 3 trolls with him this time. We definitely need you two... we still have to take care of the vamps in the palace. Please don't abandon us! We didn't go looking for X, we started out clearing more rooms on the first floor, but that was too dull. So we went to check out the 3rd floor, trying to stay away from the are we thought he would be in. Surprise... first room we go into on the 3rd floor he's there. BTW... how was he deflecting physical missile attacks if his first action was the wall of ice?
Kevin the Barbarian
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Shhhhh... I was just trying to make Violet feel better about not being there. Sounded epic!
Xylarthen was aware of your presence and had just finished casting protection from missiles when the door opened. He won initiative first round and tried to delay you guys while he could think of something that would put him at an advantage against being interrupted by melee. You interrupted his freezing ray spell and eventually killed him the round he was going to dimension door Ramkus to the deepest room in the dungeon. It could have easily been a party wipe if you guys hadn't played so smart.
Exmordicus also died.
Kevin the Barbarian
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Aw, Exy was from the 2nd or 3rd session.
Yeah... He will be missed.
It's just a setup to get you prepared for that +5 flaming axe of vampire slaying that we're going to find next! For some reason it makes me think of this: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uZ_M0w8xKs" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uZ_M0w8xKs</a>
Good one lol
Do you guys know what you might want me to prepare for tomorrow? Last time there was talk of Fire Mountain which caught me a little by surprise. So yeah, let me know what you guys may want to investigate and I'll see if I can prep it.
Can you prep "Pile of Weakly Guarded Treasure" adventure? I've heard it's a good one.
Curtis has a ken for turning Fire Mountain into a lair, and I'm not against it. I think levels 3 and 4 of underground palace are still in play. I need to figure out a way to breathe Plutonian air, so I can go murderhobo on their planet. Best hideout is the one no enemy can ever get to.
Ondraedon will be back. I can get back to creating "light arrows" to use against the goblins when we clear the swamp area since Continual light is effective against them. If we have a big party, I vote we go and rescue the princess. Perhaps we could even take the route from inside the cove to see where it turns out (we assume in the palace). If we have a smaller party, maybe we scope out Fire Mountain and at least get an idea of what sort of engagements we will encounter there.
I found the overhead layout of all the dungeon levels, so I can help spot the princess much easier now with the magic arrow.
XP and gold has been handed out in the original post. Those of you who were absent this adventure, please keep in mind the amounts were so large because there were only 8 adventurers to split the loot and xp with.
Awesome... this in addition to Norm's xp makes Brody level 3. Time to update some stats!