Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Looking for GM for modern pathfinder setting

Edited 1424973518
4 players are on the prowl for a GM to host a campaign that uses Pathfinder rules in a modern setting. The campaign is mostly roleplay, with combat happening when it has to happen, rather than it being a daily occurrence. The previous GM introduced the setting, ran a session, and to quote, "got in over his head". Current party formation is: Tiefling Monk/Brawler, Human Fighter/Rogue, Elf Ranger and Elf Wizard, previous gm and others might join if party size is not a problem. We also use Skype and mythweavers for chat and character sheets, but text-based roleplay could be worked out. What it (we) hopes to be: Optional plot, with small-scale events happening, but the grand plan is to see how fantasy heroes adapt to a modern world and what they will do of it, as such, a fixed course would be impossible to set and a high amount of creativity and adaptability would be needed in a GM Humor and comedy, as the clash of cultures so different will eventually and inevitably lead to funny situations, while not the point of the campaign, it can become a daily event, even with no planning needed. Cloak and dagger, (optional) the world has not been set in stone if it is human exclusive or still as racially diverse, but magic is something that is no longer common or even used at all in the world, but the party still has use of spells and magical items as they normally would (as far as they know). Technology is on the level we know from real life, yet with such a new element in the game, attention could come fast and it would eventually turn into a game of hide and seek, giving an actual plot. Time warp not party exclusive. (idea) The party landed in the modern day by being flung forward in time, but they might not be the only ones, with others landing there as well. This could be used to either introduce new party members or give the world a threat by having less desirable creatures appear and put a plot in motion. Just an idea, as it can easily come in conflict with the first two hopes. We, the players, hope that one could take on the mantle and lead this idea into a great campaign. We await your response.
That sounds pretty interesting actually. What night/time/timezone are you guys playing?
As another player in the group I can say that we currently play Wednesday 6 to 11 PM Central, but we might willing to discuss other times if that time slot doesn't work for others.
Tuesday or Thursday would work better for me since I have a game starting Wednesdays. Would that be possible?
I'd have to consult with the group, but we might be able to do one of those day.
So far it looks like those two days are acceptable for us.
Neat! Well if it passes with the group please send me the link to join and I can meet everybody. :)
But we still need a GM for the game.

Edited 1425069576
Lol Julian you got shut down by Maxus, hahah, good thing i get notifications in an email :P I would join, looks interestising, but, ya know, school... :I
Nah, shut it down myself. We settled things after that and it was unnecessary so I removed it
ohh ok