Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

V:tM character sheets aren't saving some text boxes

Essentially, aside from "Name", "Player", "Chronicle" and "Clan", all the other <input type=text> boxes aren't recording the entered values. Any ideas about what to check? This is happening for my character and the other PC.
I should add, <textarea> fields are working fine.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi, Jon. Since the character sheets are community created and curated, I'm moving your thread to the Characters Sheet forum so the authors of the sheet can see your problem and help you address it.

Edited 1425026162
That should've been fixed with the stuff I submitted in early February; the cWoD Vampire sheet had that issue for months before I submitted some fixes for it (along with some fixes for the other cWoD sheets) I triple checked my fixes under a friend's Mentor account prior to submitting my fixes (they worked), and I've just opened a new public campaign with the cWoD vampire sheet and I can't seem to replicate your issue. Does your sheet have the "Humanity/Path" text over the box where you list your Morality system, or does it have the "Path of Enlightenment" text? When you're typing things into the, say the Background text boxes, can you see things like "Back1name" appear in the Attributes & Abilities tab of your journal page? This is my test campaign, I've opened a few journal entries for you to mess around with <a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/710766/qlZAnA" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/710766/qlZAnA</a> For me at least, the values within the boxes save whatever's been written.
Her Riley, thanks for the speedy reply. I've forwarded the update to the ST in our game, and I'll see what he says. Fortunately we're only a couple of scenes into our first game on here, so it's good to know there's a fix to come. Also, thanks for creating the template!
I'm not the original Template author but thanks anyway. :P Anyways the issues you and your ST are having with the character sheet should've been fixed in this pull request . It was merged into the website around 2 to 3 weeks ago. The original author didn't properly hook in his attribute names to the Background/Discipline/Path/etc. text boxes, which prevented the sheet from saving any sort of data written into those text boxes. I fixed those (and checked said fixes) and in my campaigns at least, the character sheets saves whatever has been written into the text boxes, and retains the data for future sessions.