Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

New Player looking for a D&D 5E Game

Hi There, let me start off by saying I've never played D&D before but, with the help of YouTube videos, The Players Handbook and the Basic Rules download, I've been able to create a Ranger and am looking forward to trying him out. I've watched a lot of games and have a general understanding of how a game plays out but would more than likely have questions during game play and/or need general help. I'm a quick study and am pretty easy going. Let me know if you don't mind taking a player under your wing and showing me the ropes. My availability is anytime after 5:30 pm Atlantic Standard Time Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and, anytime on Sunday. Thank you!
I have played a little bit of 5th edition and would not mind joining your search for a potential dm. my cousin might also be interested
Hi, I'm also a player looking for some fun and awesome role playing time, and if you guys want to team-up we could maybe search for a DM? Let me know what you think! I've played 5E for like 6 months now, also watched a lot of videos and own the players handbok and the basic rules, so I can probably help with most questions :) Regards, Michael.
I prefer weekdays around 8pm EST if that's ok. Weekends don't work for me all that well
Hi, I'm another player who'd love to join your search for a DM! I've never played 5E or any form of D&D for that matter, but I've watched a bunch of streams and have The Players Handbook and Basic Rules downloaded. I know basically how a game goes on but I'm still confused on a few things and would probably need a little getting started because this is my first ever game. I'm currently finishing up creation of a High Elf Wizard character and I'd love to play with you guys. Sunday is the best day for me, but Saturdays and Tuesdays also work for me. My timezone is EST. Quick note about me, I'm fifteen, so if anyone has any issues or concerns about my age, let me know now! Hope to hear from you soon, Tia.
Tuesday is a good possibility for me and Sunday also
Hey id love to join you guys in a campaign if you find a DM. Depending on the time, I can do any day, so just give me a heads up when a DM is found.
Hey, possible DM here. I see a nice little gathering and wouldn't mind doing a Dungeon Crawl that turns into a larger campaign if ya'll are interested. I'm just burning time waiting for my Fall semester to start and my other group has been cancelled. I've always enjoyed showing new people the ropes, and I'm also a little younger myself so teenagers don't bother me so much. Who's up to turn this into a nice little group?

Edited 1425352848
DM
Plus
What days work for you, Jory? And what's your time zone?
definitely count me in!
Well Sundays and Fridays are out of the question. Based upon everybody else's input, I'd say Tuesdays would work best for me. I'm in MST. So my suggested gaming day would be a Tuesday around 6 (or 8 EST) I'm always open for suggestions however
I wouldn't mind playing a half-orc fighter
that time is perfect for me
I'm not sure how long it will take me to create the first dungeon crawl though. I might be ready by next week, but I wouldn't put money on it. I would confident in saying the 17th by the latest
there is a chance that i might not be available at the 17th if you dont mind me missing the first session
How about you just ride my ass into getting it done by the 10th?
I'm perceptive to peer pressure
Also, is everybody okay with using Skype? We can start with the Roll20 Mic system, but if it fails I like to switch over to Skype.
i wouldnt mind using skype but would like to give the roll20 mic a shot
this may be too early to ask but what level do you usually have your players start at in your campaigns?
Level 1 for simplicity's sake.
Is there room in this game for +1?
How abt another +1 who's a just a bit familiar but not that much with d&d
Hello Everyone, I am also a DM that is about to start a D&D 5e campaign on Tuesday nights. New players are welcomed and no materials required. We will be using skype and roll20. I try to run top notch games and keep things light an fun. Feel free to message me for more specifics. Good luck on your adventures.
Jim, Kalik, Micheal, Tia, and Shaw, I sent you guys a link to my game. Unfortunately James and Monta, I like to do 5 people, so feel free to go with Brandon and try to find a couple more players for your campaign. Brandon, best of luck to your player search and I hope your game comes out great. Maybe one day we will roll together.
Thanks for pulling this together Jory. If you need anything from me, let me know