Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Failed upload

I'm trying to upload an image for a PTU game(specifcally the coil from RSE Mauville gym), and it's failing. I've attempted to upload the image in both png and gif formats, and all I get is a broken file icon as the image. I did however, worry that it was a problem with Chrome, and I attempted to upload via Imgur, which succeeded. Link to said picture: <a href="http://imgur.com/yigE9p9" rel="nofollow">http://imgur.com/yigE9p9</a> I'm using windows 8, and Chrome 41.0.2272.76 m
1426288480
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I'm having no issue taking that same image and uploading it to my virtual table top. Can you please follow Steps 1-3, taking special care to temporarily disable all browser add-ons and extensions, temporarily pause your anti-virus, and try switching browsers (for Chrome/Firefox specific issues) to see if one of those components is causing the problem. If all of that fails, please follow Step 4 , including providing all of the necessary information, so that we can further assist you.
Just went through 1-3. Still no dice. Was hoping it was just a cache issue. I don't have Firefox installed to try it out, and IE also failed to upload. For bug report details: Chrome 41.0.2272.76 m Win 8 Yes Win Defender(I know, I'm a bad bad man) Adblock Plus. For further weirdness, Other pictures did in fact upload properly. I was able to get a tree to upload just peachy keen. I was able to get around the issue by simply changing the dimensions of the image.
1426303982
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Are you able to supply a console log from step 4?
Yep, I just forgot to post it because I am apparently an idiot this week. Sorry base.js:4 /library/userupload yourlibrary.js:253 Array[1] base.js:4 upload complete triggered <a href="https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/8230989/SKlGM7ghvlqXk65ptGpCRw/med.gif?1426334983" rel="nofollow">https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/8230989/SKlGM7ghvlqXk65ptGpCRw/med.gif?1426334983</a> Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
1426355513
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Have the recently deleted files from your library?
Ah? Most of my recently deleted files are simply the image linked at the top. The ones from before that I've edited most of them to remove the background from them.
1426358344
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Try uploading the file directly to your library and see if that resolves the issue
I have. same console log.
1426363146
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Just to make sure we've covered this, you've tried temporarily turning off your anti-virus turned off adblock and any other extensions, and tried then? Have you tried uploading from a different browser I.E. Firefox?
Yes to all. Sadly, I don't have Firefox, so I also tried it using IE(which I understand is not a suggested browser), and got the same issue.
1426520744
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Can you drag and drop the image directly onto your table top? If not can you provide a console log of what happens there?