Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

this page's Background color is showing through on top of the map layer

Gold
Forum Champion
This is weird. Haven't seen this issue before. I was editing something on the GM Layer or the Map Layer when this happened. Initially the problem appeared as everything being semi-transparent sort of like in GM Layer mode, except stays like that when I switch to Player mode. I tested and researched the problem. It turns out the Page's Background Color is showing through. Somehow. There is a transparent cast of the page's Background Color that seems to go OVER the layers or some of the layers. It seems like maybe the background color (for me it's a blue ocean color) is on top of the Map Layer, or copied into the map layer. (?) I tried everything possible to select the blue overcast, but it seems to be unselectable. That's when I deduced it's the background color. I changed the background color to Orange and everything turned transparent orange cast. Note: I also logged out of the game & back in, logged in as Player (you'll see a Player view screenshot below). I'm on a Mac in Chrome browser latest version no add-ons. My 3 screenshots are with the blue / ocean background color. The map should normally look more saturated and non-transparent, basically all the colors look wrong. In GM Mode, Note this is "on" Map Layer yet things are transparent as-if I was editing GM layer. Next screenshot is the Player view.... This is where you can confirm that the blue ocean background color is ABOVE the main Background Map on the Map layer, yet it's actually not above everything (like the Rivers) oddly. Last screenshot to show the background color for the Page that I have. What have I done to cause this? How to fix this? As far as I know you can't select or move the background color, as if it were a layer with "To Front" and "To Back". (?)

Edited 1426336564
Are you sure your map itself is not on GM layer? Try to switch it back and forth between layers.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Gold is this a GM opacity issue? Have you tried turning up the opacity for the map and seeing if that makes a difference?
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Is this affecting only you or your players too?
Gold
Forum Champion
For my particular issue -- Alex was right & his suggestion fixed it. My mistake was indeed, I had moved my main-map-background-image from Map Layer to the GM layer. When that happened, I did not believe that I had the background map selected. I did not have it selected intentionally. I was working with smaller lines & was zoomed waaaay in (150% or so), so there was no indication & no "handles" indicating that I had that large background selected. e.g. Same reason there has been a Suggestion to be able to LOCK your background map, so that you don't accidentally select it when you're trying to select something smaller on that layer. Thank you all for helping me. @Vince I think the issue I encountered is different from the other graphics issue being discussed in another bug thread ("White box on top..")
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
You're right Gold. Different issue. My player's do not see the background-colored box that shows up. So I assume it's something local with my setup. I'll remove my post above as to not confuse anyone. Thanks