Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

LFPs for Justice League: Act of Desperation; M & M 3rd edition game

Act of Desperation will be a Justice League storyline running every other Saturday starting April 11. The game will start at 9:30pm CST. We're looking for a large pool of players to allow for people to play as their schedule permits. This will allow for some rotation of players/characters as the story progresses. I ran a similar concept with an Avengers storyline and it worked out well. If interested PM me your top three choices of characters (spread out your choices a little bit based on power level). Also include your skype name and email for an invite. The characters are pre-generated. You will be provided one of your three options based on availability and roster make-up so far. Characters already claimed: Superman, Nightwing and Cyborg Characters still available: Batman Wonder woman Flash Green Lantern Green Arrow Aquaman Martian Manhunter Atom Hawkman Black Canary Red Tornado Zatanna Firestorm Steel Vixen Captain Marvel Mister Miracle Booster Gold Captain Atom Dr. Fate Orion Aztek Plastic Man Steel Zauriel Big Barda Black Lightening Geoforce Guardian
Justice League: Act of Desperation Can the League face an enemy when even reality itself can't be trusted? Join the ranks of the Justice League and face a threat that requires current and past members to answer the call to duty.
Bump
Bump
Characters already chosen: Superman, Nightwing, Cyborg, Booster Gold and Martian Manhunter. There are still plenty of spots left. Characters still available: Batman Wonder woman Flash Green Lantern (Hal Jordan; John Stewart; Guy Gardner; Kyle Raynor; Simon Baz) Green Arrow Aquaman Atom Hawkman Black Canary Red Tornado Zatanna Firestorm Steel Vixen Captain Marvel Mister Miracle Booster Gold Captain Atom Dr. Fate Orion Aztek
Bump
I want in, I want to play Flash, invite please.
can i be in as captain marvel? Pretty please?
I'd also be fine with captain atom, dr fate, or zattana whatever you need really
JLP I'll put you down for Flash and Shepherd I'll put you down for Captain Marvel, but Dr. Fate would be useful. Each of you please PM me your emails so I can invite you and your skype names for the audio when we play the game.
Characters already chosen: Superman, Nightwing, Cyborg, Booster Gold, Martian Manhunter, Flash and Captain Marvel. Teams playing will be made up a power level types so let's see characters of other power tiers chosen as well. They are all useful characters. There are still plenty of spots left. Characters still available: Batman Wonder woman Green Lantern (Hal Jordan; John Stewart; Guy Gardner; Kyle Raynor; Simon Baz) Green Arrow Aquaman Atom Hawkman Black Canary Red Tornado Zatanna Firestorm Steel Vixen Mister Miracle Captain Atom Dr. Fate Orion Aztek Plastic Man Steel Zauriel Big Barda Black Lightening Geoforce Guardian
Bump
Great, PM me your email for the invite and your skype name. I'll email you the character info and we can schedule a time to talk on skype to go over the game.
Bump
We have so far: Curtis - Superman Rob - Nightwing Brent - Cyborg Garion - Booster Gold Popity - Martian Manhunter JLP - Flash Shepherd - Captain Marvel Raul - Firestorm Raithe - Green Arrow We are still open for more players for our open roster theme.
Bump
Join the growing roster. Playing so far Superman Nightwing Cyborg Booster Gold Martian Manhunter Flash Captain Marvel Firestorm Green Arrow
Why do you need more PCs if you have 9 claimed?
It's mentioned in the first posting. See below: Act of Desperation will be a Justice League storyline running every other Saturday starting April 11. The game will start at 9:30pm CST. We're looking for a large pool of players to allow for people to play as their schedule permits. This will allow for some rotation of players/characters as the story progresses. I ran a similar concept with an Avengers storyline and it worked out well. If interested PM me your top three choices of characters (spread out your choices a little bit based on power level). Also include your skype name and email for an invite. The characters are pre-generated. You will be provided one of your three options based on availability and roster make-up so far.
Bump
bump
Looking for one more player before wrapping up the player drive. Characters already chosen: Superman, Nightwing, Cyborg, Booster Gold, Martian Manhunter, Flash, Captain Marvel, Green Lantern (John Stewart), Geoforce, Firestorm & Green Arrow. Teams playing will be made up a power level types so let's see characters of other power tiers chosen as well. They are all useful characters. There are still plenty of spots left. Characters still available for the final choice: Aquaman Hawkman Black Canary Vixen Mister Miracle Plastic Man Black Lightening Guardian Zauriel
bump
Looking for one more to play one of these characters: Batman Aquaman Black Canary Vixen Mr. Miracle Plastic Man Black Lightening Gaurdian Zauriel
We have so far: Curtis - Superman Rob - Nightwing Brent - Cyborg Garion - Booster Gold Popity - Martian Manhunter JLP - Flash Shepherd - Captain Marvel Raul - Firestorm Raithe - Green Arrow Keenan - Hawkman Will - Green Lantern (John Stewart) Looking for one more.
Characters still available: Batman Wonder woman Aquaman Martian Manhunter Atom Black Canary Red Tornado Zatanna Steel Vixen Mister Miracle Captain Atom Dr. Fate Orion Aztek Plastic Man Zauriel Big Barda Black Lightening Guardian We have so far: Curtis - Superman Rob - Nightwing Brent - Cyborg Garion - Booster Gold JLP - Flash Shepherd - Captain Marvel Raul - Firestorm Raithe - Green Arrow Keenan - Hawkman Will - Green Lantern (John Stewart) Doittoit - Geoforce Looking for two more. If any of the people above has had anything change and can't play then please let me know. We start April 11. Also let me know which of you can play April 11.
Bump
We have so far: Curtis - Superman Rob - Nightwing Brent - Cyborg Garion - Booster Gold JLP - Flash Shepherd - Captain Marvel Raul - Firestorm Raithe - Green Arrow Keenan - Hawkman Will - Green Lantern (John Stewart) Sean - Martian Manhunter Looking for two more. If any of the people above has had anything change and can't play then please let me know. We start April 11. Also let me know which of you can play April 11.
Bump
For the love of....I'm Batman!
Curtis - Superman Rob - Nightwing Brent - Cyborg Garion - Booster Gold JLP - Flash Shepherd - Captain Marvel Raul - Firestorm Raithe - Green Arrow Keenan - Hawkman Will - Green Lantern (John Stewart) Sean - Martian Manhunter Robert - Batman That's it will work with this roster of players. I'm in the process of sending out everyone's character sheets. I've sent out so far: Superman, Nightwing, Cyborg, Booster Gold, Flash, Green Lantern & Martian Manhunter. If there is anyone who can't play on the 11th just let me know by sending me a PM. I'll be sending out some invites to set up some time beforehand to chat on Skype. Thanks everyone and I look forward to playing.
Superman Nightwing Cyborg Booster Gold Martian Manhunter Flash Captain Marvel Firestorm Green Arrow Green Lantern Hawkman Batman
I can't believe we still don't have a Wonder Woman. All these characters are awesome, don't get me wrong, but if this were a comic I'd be wondering why the biggest female member of the League was left out. The only reason I didn't offer to play her is that I don't think I could roleplay a character as iconic as she is.
I agree, someone else asked me the same thing. I think your reason is also why Batman was on a number of people's top three choices but not number one. More is expected from players playing the big names.

Edited 1428037992
Though I haven't read that many comics I have learned a great deal from Atop the Fourth Wall (I recommend his hilarious reviews, starting with All Star Batman and Robin) and what I've come to understand about DC's Big Three is that they are all have a broad enough appeal that everyone's heard of them, but each have hidden depths that are only apparent to those who dig deeper. The trouble is that without those more subtle character traits, you really aren't doing justice to the character. I can't roleplay Wonder Woman because her personality is too different from mine (and because I haven't read her comics, though her animated movie was terrific), but I've always identified with Martian Manhunter so I can pull off the cold and stoic alien who is also one of the kindest and most thoughtful heroes on Earth.
I am such a GL fanboy, to play anything but one of them in a DC game where they are available was heresy. That said I am actually more of a fan of roleplaying the "lesser" league members than the top 3 (like Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Atom, Steel, etc.) as it allows for more room for character growth and personal flavor adjustments of otherwise iconic heroes.
That's a good point. I think I'd prefer playing the characters that don't get as much spotlight time for those reasons, but overall the fun for me in running events with iconic characters is that players have a strong foundation to work with in knowing their character's motivitations/quirks while at the same time putting their own emphasis on the character. We've all experienced multiple incarnations on many of these characters and personality phases they've gone through. Players can emphasize the traits they find the most interesting. I did this with a group before this with Avengers characters. While that was fun, in mind opinion, there is something unique and more iconic with the Justice League. I look forward to getting started. I can't reveal the villain(s) just yet, but rest assured he/she/it/they will put the team to the test.
Bump