Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP][D&D 5e][GMT+1][GER/ENG] GM searching for mature players for a weekly sandbox game

Edited 1427654563
Greetings! I'm searching for four players to GM a sandbox like D&D 5e game for. I could either offer an already prepared world or we could of course brainstorm and find a scenario fitting for the group (I'm open for pretty much anything, dark themes, comedy, serious or not so serious worlds). The group will start at level one and we'll see how far it keeps on going. The focus will be on you and your characters without a predefined story arch, a little bit of background for each character and some motivation besides "leveling up" are highly preferred! :) In terms of play times I would hold sessions on weekends (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) around 3 p.m. (GMT+1) (Sessions are currently on each Sunday 3 p.m. GMT+1) with an open end. Most of the sessions I hold last about 4 to 8 hours, but that really comes down to the group and how much time you have. If everything runs well I'd be open for more sessions per week, but that will be something we have to discuss (and it depends on my schedule). We would play over Skype (Audio) (We switched Skype out for Teamspeak 3 for better audio quality, no video is being used) and Roll20 (Dice, Maps, Character sheets). Please note: I do not use tokens on Roll20. Due to the nature of a very flexible sandbox game this is simply not feasible. I use self drawn battle maps instead where the players are represented by dots and distances are measured with the map ruler during combat. A little peak at the maps I used for my last campaign just to give you an idea how it will look like: Worldmap Roll20 Dalingard Surroundings Roll20 City of Ernbrook Roll20 Town of Lenych Roll20 Moor Battlemap I'm fluid in both German and English, so groups of these languages are welcome (If one player in the group only speaks English this will be the preferred language of course). What should you bring to the (virtual) table? • Basic knowledge of D&D 5e • Creative ideas and knowing how to roleplay • A character background which we'll fit together into the game world • Time for at least one session per week • A good mood! :) If you're interested, hit me up on Skype (vlyn91) or simply write me a message on Roll20! On to adventure! Vlyn P.S.: I only GM D&D 5e sessions, please don't ask for other systems, thanks!
Hey there. Name's David, i'm a Dutch guy so if i wanted to play it would be in english :). I'm very interested in playing in a sandbox style 5E game. To be quite honest, i don't actually have any real experience with roleplaying outside of single-player experiences in PC games. I've been interested in tabletop D&D ever since i was a kid, but never had the friends who played. Recently i've been watching roleplaying shows on youtube/livestreams, and talking about it with my roommate and i've gotten really interested in it again. My very small amount of experience boils down to knowing how to do basic rolls and fill in the character sheet and stuff like that in the roll20 interface, and a decent but definitely not at a "good" level of knowledge of the D&D rules after reading and rereading the rulebook a ton, and making my character and learning stuff about all the classes and such from that. Other than that, i've only played one session of SWN before that fell apart because our GM had to bow out. As far as characters go, i have a character more or less ready to go, as long as you're willing to allow the use of point-buy, he has the framework of a backstory but it's not fully complete yet, just an amalgamation of ideas and personality traits, goals and ties to the past and things he cares about or doesn't care about etc. i have some ideas, but it still needs some fleshing out and connecting of the dots. Out of your times, i would prefer to play on Friday or Saturday, but i would be available for all times. Also i don't think i would mind sessions starting a bit in the afternoon and going pretty long, i can't be 100% sure but i think i would personally enjoy that.
I'd be really keen to join with this. I'm English and so would prefer to speak in English, only speak Spanish past that. I've played a few games of D&D and PF, also been roleplaying for years, but mainly on other games. I have the 5e PHB and some pre gened characters ready to go. I'm okay for any of your times really! Long sessions are fine by me too! I'd say fridays and sundays are probably preferable though, as saturdays I sometimes have events I like to go to.\ Thanks for writing up the post, hope to hear from you soon!
Thanks for the replies, I've sent you both PMs. @others: There are still slots open, if you're interested please send me either a PM or hit me up on Skype :)
I'm Dusty, I'd love to join for Fridays! I've played 5e games often enough to have an idea, but always able to peek into books and find things. I'm American ( so sadly only speak English fluently) I love to play healers and flawed characters. I can do long sessions, but sometimes have loud voices in my background noise. Voice is fine, camera is fine.
Vlyn said: Greetings! Hi there! Just quoting to let you know that I've dropped you an "application" via PM. Not sure how the messaging system works on roll20 yet so wanted to make sure you knew it was there. Ari x
I'm really interested, I wish the time worked for me. oh well.
Hey, due to personal reasons there are two slots open again if someone wants to join in. The two current players are still in the capital city Fatun, so that's where we would most likely start off with you :) I'm still working on the world map, but this part here is relevant for now: Fatun Surroundings Fatun City Quick world information: High Fantasy High Savagery (outside cites) PHB races only for PCs If you're interested, send me a PM! Greetings, Vlyn
Update: Only one slot left.
HI i would love to play i have a basic knowledge of 5e played a little im in the USA but do to my work schedule this works perfect for me i also am willing to play any play type just want to play also promise to get it to have no problem with video
I just sent you a contact request on Skype. If your still looking for one then we can talk it over on there.
Still one slot left! Please make sure you can play on Sundays at 3 p.m. GMT+1 (Due to summertime rather GMT+2 now!)
Little bump, still searching :)