Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Known Issue: Map blank/white in bottom-left of screen

If you are using Chrome and you are seeing an issue where the bottom-left part of your screen is showing as transparent or white, this is a current bug with Chrome 41 (the current "latest" version). They have fixed the issue in Chrome 42, which will be out in a few weeks. If you don't want to wait until then to fix the issue, you can update to the Chrome Beta version now: <a href="http://www.chromium.org/getting-involved/dev-chann" rel="nofollow">http://www.chromium.org/getting-involved/dev-chann</a>... , or you can temporarily use Firefox. Sorry for the trouble! Here's an example of what this bug looks like:
I am getting a similar L-shaped area taking taking up about half my screen in Opera. :( Si
I can confirm the issue. Waiting for the fix. Is there a link to the Chrome bug for reference?
I ran into this issue last night.
im getting a similar error in opera which is just whiting out the left half of any grid ans well as other errors when handling large maps (50uX50u) or greater
I'm also using Opera and getting the same thing.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Opera uses the same rendering engine as Chrome, only a little behind. It's likely they have caught up to the version of the code with this bug in it. If possible, try using a slightly older version of Opera and see if that prevents the problem.
I'll try it tomorrow when I get home from work.
I started having this problem today. The whole map will disappear. The grid will not show up. I get the symbol for pictures not loading in the map selection bar. I usually use chrome and I even tried going to internet explorer and the same problem persisted. I also tried to download chrome beta and that did not fix the issue. I have haven't had any problems all last week as I was one almost everyday. Is this the same problem this thread is talking about or is it something else. Please help! Thank you
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Cody, not having any map at all would be a different issue. You should follow these Steps . If they don't work, you should make a new thread with the requested information in step 4.
I am also getting the white box in the bottom left, I am using chrome. The background is supposed to be black and that is not part of the issue.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Eric: Riley D. said (emphasis mine) : If you are using Chrome and you are seeing an issue where the bottom-left part of your screen is showing as transparent or white, this is a current bug with Chrome 41 (the current "latest" version). They have fixed the issue in Chrome 42, which will be out in a few weeks. If you don't want to wait until then to fix the issue, you can update to the Chrome Beta version now: <a href="http://www.chromium.org/getting-involved/dev-chann" rel="nofollow">http://www.chromium.org/getting-involved/dev-chann</a>... , or you can temporarily use Firefox.
Ok, so I am using the beta build for chrome & noticed a strange different issue arise. The bottom left no longer has the map glitch, but now my video won't show. I even went back and reinstalled the stable build and verified video works/map doesn't.

Edited 1428729090
I have a very similar problem. However, it is not a white box. It is a black box with pixels above it that shift when the map updates or when I click my mouse. ex . Notice how it affects the map only, and not the tokens in play. It only affects the bottom left side and as you can see, it takes up a lot of space and is very frustrating to deal with. (Yes those are swastikas in the pixels)
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I'm fairly certain that is the same issue presenting in a different manner. To be certain, you might try running this in Chrome Canary and see if you get the same behavior.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I'm certain the color of the box is actually just the color of the background you've set for that map showing through.
Yeah, That seemed to fix it. I no longer have any issues when running it in Chrome Canary. Thanks for the help.