Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Just Tablets? Or phones as well?

Question about this.. With it being the section for iPad/droid I'm assuming iPhones are excluded from this app. Are droid phones excluded as well and its just for droid tablets? If the app functions for droid phones I think it may be time for me to make the switch from iPhone to droid. If if the app does work for droid phones would it be safe to say that an iPhone app may be in the future or is that an assumption I should not bet on?
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
During the beta I was able to use the app on my droid phone. I don't own any iOS devices so I couldn't say whether it worked on iPhone or not. Naturally, tablet was a superior experience than the phone, due to the larger screen.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
It might work on phones but the official support is for tablets.
I'm hoping that even if they don't officially support phones they won't exclude devices on the Play Store based on screen size. Sure I can dig around and get an apk to install it but I'd much rather just be able to download/update it directly from the Play Store.

Edited 1427209948
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
As far as I know (take that with a grain of salt) they are not excluding any devices. It either runs on the device or it doesn't. It will take a more official word to state one way or other than me. The best thing I could suggest is give it a try and see if it does. I'm going to be trying soon on my phone and hope it works this time (old phone and tablet).
I also have had also participated in some games while on my android phone, however, it clearly works far better with tablets. With the phone, I found it difficult to navigate the character sheet, but it did indeed work.
This is someone unrelated, but since you guys have used the app I'll ask. Does it support tablets being in landscape orientation, or is it locked to portrait?
I cannot say too much in regard to tablets, but i know that for the android phone, I can switch between the two modes and find it useful switching between the two.
I haven't actually used the App but it's worth bearing in mind that the Android (or iPad) App and just accessing the website from a tablet are two different things and won't necessarily work the same way (I assume there will be differences or there wouldn't be much point having both).
Gold
Forum Champion
The app is available today on the Apple App Store for iPad (tablet). Link to look at the listing, <a href="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/roll20-for-ipad/id" rel="nofollow">https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/roll20-for-ipad/id</a>... I checked and the app does NOT appear available if you search for it on iPhone . It is available to download on iPad . Can't even test it on iPhone since the App Store won't give it to you, since it is designated as an iPad-only app, at this time.