Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

L5R...

Legend of the 5 Rings any interest or GMs out there for this?
I've been wanting to learn to play, never had a chance before. I have the PDFs, I believe, if you find a group and are willing to accept a newbie.
Yeah, interest and possible Gm-ing here.
Interest and possible GM here too. But what time & timezones would you guys have?
GMT myself, have most weekdays free, can also free up an evening.
Great a possible GM. I am GMT and best days for me are Thrus. evening, all day Fri. Sat is ify just depends on time bc I have other games that evening. Dartanous would you for sure GM that I think is the biggest hurddle to over come?
I am not completely sure what you mean by that sentence. If you're asking if I would for sure be the DM, then the answer is 'no'. I could DM it, but I would not take the DM mantle from anyone else, Perdido for example said he could be the DM too.
Yea like i said a DM would be the hardest to find. So whoever wants it.
Bump... Do we have a willing GM among us or is the search on for one?
Okay, well, I suppose I can. I'll need to get to grips with Roll20 and plan something, but yeah, why not.

Edited 1427485981
Sweet thanks for stepping up! Roll20 isnt that hard once you start messing with it as a GM, I just learned for a PF game Im GMing and it wasnt hard. I guess the next order of business is a day/time and players TZ. Im GMT +3 and am available Thrus evening and all day Fri. Might be a good idea to create a game and share link so we know who is serious about playing. Looking forward to this.
Right looks like Friday may be the best option for me as well. I'm free all day GMT but not the evening. So that's where me and you intersect at least. We also need to work out what 'kind of game', we're looking to play. My style is to tend to build a game around players/characters.
Will have to wait on the others schedule to see if its doable for Fri. As far as a campaign Ive had some interest in The Second City. Ive only played 2 sessions of L5R but have read core book. So Im open to ideas.
I can do Fridays, but later works better then earlier for me.
Someone said L5R! Legend of the Five Rings is literally my favourite game. Consider me very interested, so long as you don't mind someone who is very invested in the setting of the game(To the point where I know what wood my chopsticks are supposed to be).
Ooooo this is shaping up well enough! Bernie: I was thinking mid to late afternoon GMT, is that 'later' enough for you? Lazy: You'd be more than welcome!
As for my availability/time zones, I'm presently between jobs and in EST time, lots of free time if a little weird for timing. My preferred character is a Kakita Bushi, very traditional duelist type. We're gonna need a Courtier for him to be attached to, natch. I also tend to like very social/political/intrigue games, which I find L5R to be amoung the best systems/settings for. Combat's really too deadly for this to be a "Let's get us some swards and dun stick a dargon." kind of game. Also, stabbing Dragons is usually a bad idea anyways(Unless they're smug Mirumoto punks who think that because they use their wakizashi they actually stand a chance against the Kakita). Anyways, feel free to add my Skype(ampzaphrix), just make sure to lemme know who you are.
If anyone wants my skype, it's 'alexanderporter' (original, I know), also as above, let me know who you are!

Edited 1427531001
I am free all day on Fridays, off day from work. Im glad we have some with good knowledge of the game. Although I have read the core book Ive only played a few sessions of it before it fell apart.
Bumping this up bc the interest it has drawn.
Bump for some L5R...
Interested. Gonna add you on Skype, Perdido Street Station.
Bump for anyone interested...
I'd LOVE to play! Especially if I can play a Scorpion. GMT +3 here.
I think we already have people on GMT +3 so that shouldn't be a problem! If you want to discuss things further, message me or skype myself!
Did that
I'd be interested in playing as well, I was apart of a L5R campaign that sadly had to end since the GM's job scheduled changed.. but it was my favorite campaign I was apart of at the time so I would love to join if possible and give my character another go.
Just FYI for anyone else interested, we now have five people in contact with myself about playing, any further interested parties will have to be put in the 'reserves' list I'm afraid.
I am also extremely interested, I own a lot of the 4th edition books, but never got a chance to play