Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Player LFG, Mouse Guard, Weekends (Saturday anytime or Sunday afternoon)

Greetings, Just to let you know I have never played Mouse Guard, but I am a long time role player, and the game has interested me for a few years (I am a big fan of the Redwall book series). I would like to get a chance to play a couple of games, but I did not see any games listed in the "Looking for Group" search, and the posts in here were a couple of months old at least (i.e. closed). If there is a group out there (or a GM willing to start one) that wouldn't mind having me along please let me know. I am available anytime on Saturday, or Sunday afternoons (Eastern Daylight Time UTC/GMT -4).
I'm looking to play Mouse Guard as well.
Are there really only two people on this site interested in playing? I was really hoping to play a couple of games without being a GM myself just to get used to game flow. Corey, if we don't get another GM and I decide to start a game myself I will let you know (might take me a couple of weeks to get things together). It would be nice to know if there are others interested in the game.
Unfortunately the vast majority of this community sticks to D&D/Pathfinder. Most people don't know what they're missing out on. I have a lot of experience playing Torchbearer, which shares the rules system of Mouse Guard. I'd be down for running an adventure for you, if you don't mind taking turns at GMing.
TED, I know what you mean about the vast majority of the community on here. Not that they are bad games, but there is a whole world of games out there, and some that are more fun and less limiting to play. I would greatly appreciate you running an adventure. My goal is to GM a group through at least a year worth of adventures so I don't mind taking turns GMing. I have read through the rules and I understand them, but I really wanted to see them in play before I went jumping in as a GM. If you would be willing to run a short adventure (possibly a couple of sessions just to see flow, but not absolutely necessary) we could then decide if a complete reset was needed, or I just take over from that point while swapping out/adding players/characters. Thank you again.
Sounds good, I'm interested in both Torchbearer and Mouse Guard.
Hey there! I'm a fan of the Mouse Guard comics, but I haven't been able to find a group to play the rpg with. I have another game on Sunday already, but if you end up playing Saturdays, i'd love to join. If there's room for one more, of course!
Okay so for anyone following this thread (whether you posted yet or not) if you are interested in playing (I understand TED if you are not wanting to teach a full group...looking long term) please answer the following: Do you have a copy of the game? Unlike other games I don't believe this is absolutely necessary for everyone to have a copy, but it can help out if you are familiar with the rules. What time works best for you, and what time zone are you in?

Edited 1427650664
Yes, I do have a pdf of the Mouse Guard rules, and I've read through them a few times (though admittedly, it was a while ago.) Besides making a few test characters and running a short conflict for a friend to test out the rules, I haven't played. I have watched a few play sessions on youtube to get an idea of how the game runs, though. My time zone is PDT, and any time on Saturday works for me.

Edited 1427651291
I'm cool with teaching new players, that's part of the game... it's been a while since I've played this myself though so there might be some incongruities between the rules and my brain. I have the current copy of the game. Second edition is set to come out in May; I have that on pre-order. I'm EDT as well. I have a couple things up in the air on weekends but Saturday evening is my only definitively unavailable time. Sunday afternoon is my best availability.
I am interested in playing Mouse Guard. I am just starting my first read through of First Edition and will pick up second when it is released.
Okay, Robert and Corey, if you could let us know what your availability is we can work toward getting a time down. If there is anyone else following this now is the time to speak up if you are interested.
My schedule for Saturdays can vary, are we talking morning, afternoon or evening? I have a current game every other Sunday that has turned into whenever we can make a Sunday work, so it depends on the week for me on that one.
I can play Saturdays, morning or afternoon. Sunday afternoons also work. I have never plaid Mouse Guard but have read up alot on it (including the 300+ page rulebook).
Hey I would love to join your game of mouse guard! I have been interested in playing it for a while but could never find a game. I don't have the PDF but I can get them and give them a good look over. I'm usually free weds and sunday nights and i'm in PDT.