Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Co-DMing a 5E D&D Game

Hello! As you may have noticed, a lack of DM's has been negatively impacting Roll20. I'd like to help out, but I've never DM'd before. This thread is designed to find an experienced DM who is willing to organize a D&D 5e campaign in partnership with me. Ideally, this will give me the experience and confidence I need to start offering my services individually as a DM. Once I've found someone who's experienced and willing, we'll nail down a weekly time for the game and start crafting a long term campaign. Later on, we'll post a new thread inviting players to join us. This thread is not that. A little about myself. I've played 3.5e, Pathfinder, the dreaded 4th, and a touch of 5E. I have not mastered the mechanics nor the typical DM skillset, hence why I'd love a mentor to co-GM with me. I'm currently a young adult and have a full load of college courses, as well as a job working as a tutor. This shouldn't create a serious issue, as I have blocked out a good portion of my week for these pen and paper pursuits. I'm a skilled and creative writer, so I love to weave believable and immersive stories for my players. However, I am open to the mentor's style, although I'd prefer something deeper than a hack & slash. If you need to contact me with questions or comments, feel free to post below or PM me. I hope to find a co-GM soon.
Honestly, i can't believe there's someone posting for a Co-DM and it's not me! I'd be up for this. I've found that i quite enjoy Co-DM games. I also have so many ideas for games that it's crazy. Or i also have a lot of really cool modules, if you wanted to go that route. What are you thinking for the division of labor? Would you be the talker, while your co-dm is more background? Would you want to divide up a town or story by characters or plot points and then just handle the party's interaction with that? Would you want to run the game itself, and then have the co-dm for setup and ideas and such? Would you want to just trade off every other session? There are a million ways to split it up. What were you thinking?
ditto i would like to help out too, i noticed your a supporter, if u want i can invite you to blank campaign and we can setup and run the starter set adventure for 5th edition to get your feet wet. (i purchased the maps from the artist) i am available most days other than saturday and Sunday the 5th of may.
Hmm. Well, like I said. You may contact me easiest through Skype, with this username, to start the process. The division of labor will be as equal as possible, but obviously I'll have questions and need a bit of help with the actual players as well. We can talk all this stuff out as we create the campaign as well.

Edited 1427707676
LoneTophat, I sent you a PM response, and a contact RQ via skype. Maybe between the bunch of us, we can get something going, or at least off the ground. For my part, I'm up for showing the ropes, the basics of how to set up a campaign base / town, perhaps a larger map. How to run it is relatively easy. But I won't be able to do the actual running, due to lack of time, other than maybe some sample, example encounters. The key is to learn the basics right off. If you don't get those, it's harder. but if you do, then you can do it yourself from there. Anyone with a moderate amount of interest can do it.
I see you got into Antiscia's game, and are listed as a player. So it looks like you're good to go then. good luck.