Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Google HangOut--limited functionality?

my group always uses roll20 via google hangouts. while looking through what roll20 can do, it appears i have noticed that if you strictly use roll20 through hangouts as we do, you can not give players the link to campaign and have them log in to campaign(to work on macros or characters sheets for example), or you can not assign co-dm powers as admin section of the campaign does not recognize the people that are part of the campaign. am i missing something or does roll20 have limited functionality when used through hangouts? i did not find mention of this in the wiki.
Everything you mentioned is done from the campaign settings page, rather than the live session.
thanks for the reply Mark. i understand i need to go to the settings page. ill try to be more specific, on the page that gives you the ability to promote someone to co-DM, my players are not listed(even though they have been playing in it since 2013). also, if i give them link for the game so they can get it on their own, they get denied. if i start a hangout, open roll20 within hangout, everyone logs in with out an issue.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I think i read a similar thread where the result was that the google account hadn't correctly synced up with the roll20 account which would explain why the players don't show up on roll20 but can access fine in google. Your best bet would be to email the team at <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> as it will likely require some account information... Good luck
My D&D group has the opposite problem... we all use Hangouts for chat and we tried to use the roll20 app in hangouts as well but for some reason we couldn't ever get it to work... so we've been playing via the website and using hangouts for chat (some of us can't get roll20s voice chat service to work)
chell.............i have been using hangouts with roll20 for over 2 years, super reliable, no lag. 8-9 person group. if you want any help with hangouts, i should be able to help. feel free to private message me with any questions
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Ziechael is right. There is something special that is going on with joining through Google Hangouts which allows your players to skip creating an account on Roll20. Something about that process causes the problems you are experiencing. Sending an email to <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> is probably the best way to get that cleared up.