Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Android App Feeback

Edited 1427799880
I've been playing around with this for a while now, and I have to say I'm in love. I thought the non-native nature of the app would bug me, but honestly it's still pretty smooth, and hella useful. That said, I do have some feedback for making the app better on Android. 1) The bar on the bottom is very iOS. It should be thinner, on the top, and follow the Android Design Guidelines: <a href="http://www.google.com/design/spec/material-design" rel="nofollow">http://www.google.com/design/spec/material-design</a>... In fact, the app should follow material guidelines whenever it can. 2) The icon is ugly with that white box around it. The white box needs to go. 3) I'd like to be able to roll initiative, and as DM modify the initiative tracker from the app. 4) It would be awesome if there was a way I could access my custom macros. 5) Compendium shouldn't even be an option in non-Pathfinder campaigns (and once it's complete, it still shouldn't be shown in campaigns that don't have a compendium). 6) In the chat view, on landscape, both columns are too wide. There's probably enough room for a third column.
Thanks for the feedback! It's definitely a bit of a challenge to make a cross-platform version, and since we have limited development resources that's what we're doing. But we'll definitely see how we can further make the Android version match the Android 'design guidelines.' And nearly everything you are suggesting in terms of new functionality are things already on our list to put in the next version, so stay tuned, this is only the beginning :-)
I installed the app on my Galaxy Note 4, things are just not aligned very well. This in not a very good experience on this device. I don't have time to list the issues. I will try on another device to see if it is better.

Edited 1427864350
Pretty disappointed overall. I have a galaxy note 10.1 and I can't even install it because it isn't compatible with slightly older versions of Android.

Edited 1427854088
I have it installed on my Google Nexus 7. It runs and opens character sheets and journals fine, albeit a bit slow. I can chat and roll, but the 3D dice should probably be disabled by default as it seems to severely slow down the app while enabled. The most important issue I have, however, is that I have no visibility of the playing field! I can't see tokens, maps, anything. Regardless, I'm glad to see something so functional added for tablet support, as I've never been able to fully load the mobile platform from Mentor/Supporter rank without having problems. This app is at least a step in the right direction. EDIT: another problem I'm having is I see 2 of every campaign I'm a part of in my campaign selection screen.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Trigshot: The apps are player focused companions to the Roll20 VTT. They are intended to supplement the the experience online or provide facilities for offline play They do not include all the features of the Roll20 VTT and are not intended as replacements for its use. See: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Roll20_for_iPad_and_Andro" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Roll20_for_iPad_and_Andro</a>... The duplicate campaign listing is an issue the Devs are aware of and are looking into.
Hey guys, so far Im loving the app, but have had a couple minor issues with it. I'm running 4.4.2 on a Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1, fyi. 1) No 3D dice. Not sure why, I have it enabled, but no go. Dice rolling works fine though. 2) When I bring up a character sheets, I get this bar on the side that blocks some of the stats. I took screen shots to show you what I mean.
Hello, I can confirm One Bad Veggie's issues. The black bar to the left disappears after you switch from the Journal tab to the Chat tab and back, so that's not a major issue, but still worth mentioning. Biggest problem for me is with the dice. For me and my players it's a really important feature to make the transition from the real table to the virtual one. The rolls from the App trigger 3D dice rolls on PC and the dice rolls from PC show up correctly in the chat in the app, but no 3D dice. I'm running the Android App on Android 4.4.2. Keep up the good work guys!
The Aaron said: Trigshot: The apps are player focused companions to the Roll20 VTT. They are intended to supplement the the experience online or provide facilities for offline play They do not include all the features of the Roll20 VTT and are not intended as replacements for its use. See: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Roll20_for_iPad_and_Andro" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Roll20_for_iPad_and_Andro</a>... The duplicate campaign listing is an issue the Devs are aware of and are looking into. Ahh okay! I wasn't aware that was their intended use. In that case I'd say the app is working well for the most part! Thumbs up!

Edited 1429503890
Any campaign that I open is blank on mine. Also, the settings cannot be clicked on.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
UmbraChimera said: Any campaign that I open is blank on mine. Also, the settings cannot be clicked on. Sorry to hear about your difficulties! Can you please start a new thread in Bugs detailing out your problem? Please be sure to list what device you are encountering the problem on.
The Aaron said: UmbraChimera said: Any campaign that I open is blank on mine. Also, the settings cannot be clicked on. Sorry to hear about your difficulties! Can you please start a new thread in Bugs detailing out your problem? Please be sure to list what device you are encountering the problem on. Yep, just made one over there. Thanks.