Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Character Sheets not updating.

Before I submit a bug, I was wondering if anyone has had issues with the character sheets not properly updating. Several times now I have done updates to a sheet then re-opened them later only to find out that about half my changes had taken effect. I had always assumed it was just something I did, until last night when one of my players was telling me the same thing happens to them.
I had it happen a couple of times, found that if, after making a change, I clicked out of the box I was editing, it seemed to keep the change.
It is important to understand what character sheet you are talking about. It is possible that the sheet itself has a bug. Please remember that sheets are community created and maintained.
Sorry, right. I was referencing D&D 5E sheets
If this is the standard sheet I can say with certainty that my players and I have not experienced these problem (not discounting at all your experiences). I use it extensively at this stage (2 campaigns played weekly with 3 in planning stage). It may be a good idea if you find this repeatable to follow the troubleshooting steps here to determine if maybe there is some type of malware/addon/other issue that is impacting you or other players.
I have seen this behavior, but as Vladimir has pointed out if you click or tab to the next box that will help to minimize the instances of it not updating. I do think the server sometimes doesn't get the update if I close my browser quickly or exit right after a change.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It is likely an issue of the field saving on blur (mouseout). Sometimes blur events can be finnicky. I presume if you click outside of the input, but still on the sheet, that it will get rid of the problem.