Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Page Selection Permissions

For a game, I want players to be able to view various scales of interactive maps. A continental map, where they make battleplans by dragging tokens around and drawing arrows to describe the routes they want their armies to take. A city map, where they can do the same with individual units, but also structures. The thing is, there are a lot of players involved with this campaign, some of which are trolls. And the idea is that a select number of players can influence the map as "leaders" to the other players. I want each individual players to be able to be able to view the continental map and the city maps individually without the GM being online neccesarily. Is that possible?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
It is possible with the API (A Mentor Level Feature ), but not without it.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The only non-API way (a mentor level feature) would be to create a 'splash page' which can be as big or small as you like, you could put ALL of the maps on that one page, even as smaller images which the players could zoom in using the Z key. All you'd have to do then is make sure the player ribbon was on the 'splash page' whenever the campaign was in down time. Not elegant, granted, but would do what you need... for free!
one way I could think of is to create 2 separate campaigns, one for the continental map and one for the city map. That way your players could always access both maps
Just to give you guys a general idea of what I'm going for, this is the mockup that I have made for the continental map. <a href="http://i.imgur.com/FR94nw1.png" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/FR94nw1.png</a> Thank you all so much thus far! I'm going to look into all of your suggestions! :)
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Ziechael said: The only non-API way (a mentor level feature) would be to create a 'splash page' which can be as big or small as you like, you could put ALL of the maps on that one page, even as smaller images which the players could zoom in using the Z key. All you'd have to do then is make sure the player ribbon was on the 'splash page' whenever the campaign was in down time. Not elegant, granted, but would do what you need... for free! This is a method that have used. One down-side is that players can only view the "zoomed versions". This is fine for me since I only want to convey more detail while still providing an overview of the area.

Edited 1427915190
Vince said: This is a method that have used. One down-side is that players can only view the "zoomed versions". This is fine for me since I only want to convey more detail while still providing an overview of the area. This is useful information, since I was wrestling to find a "set new standard zoom" or something along those lines that changes the preset of how far the view is zoomed in. I'm glad that the method works, though! I will use that in future. Although, the last time I tried to create a particularly large and detailed map, Roll20 borked until I reloaded the campaign.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Sacredless said: Vince said: This is a method that have used. One down-side is that players can only view the "zoomed versions". This is fine for me since I only want to convey more detail while still providing an overview of the area. This is useful information, since I was wrestling to find a "set new standard zoom" or something along those lines that changes the preset of how far the view is zoomed in. I'm glad that the method works, though! I will use that in future. Although, the last time I tried to create a particularly large and detailed map, Roll20 borked until I reloaded the campaign. Depending on the computing horsepower of each player, you may have to break things up into smaller regions.
Because of the amount of players involved and the size of the maps, I'll probably have to make them into seperate campaigns anyway.