Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Mobile Usage lacking vital features

Hey, I just subscribed for use of Roll20 on my tablet, and I've found that many basic things I cannot do. I cannot draw shapes -- freehand is the only thing that works. I cannot use Dynamic lighting. The ruler also doesn't work. I'm currently running it on a Transformer TF201, Chrome. I'll switch to firefox to see if there's any difference.
1370052878
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
firefox is not supported on mobile unless they just changed it recently.
Yeah, I was going to take a screenshot of the issue that it provided, but it was too low of a resolution. Still, this doesn't fix a few integral problems. How do I draw shapes? 
Also, my players cannot see any of my posts in the text box. This tablet usage is... Not usable.
This is really not what I wanted to subscribe for guys. I'm sorry, but this is super difficult to use. I'm in the room with one of my players and we keep having to refresh, I'm having to copy each one of my posts to make sure they're not lost so that I can repost them and hope that she picks them up. Really, this is unfortunate. I wish this was a lot more useful, but it appears there isn't much that can be done from the tablet side of things. I mean, it's five bucks and I love the app enough to pay something for it, but seriously dudes. This is supposed to work, right?
1370151304
Gauss
Forum Champion
Riley L., I apologize that you have been having difficulties. Unfortunately, I am not a tablet user so I cannot help right now but I have let the Devs and other Mods know that you need help.&nbsp; In the meantime, please go to&nbsp; <a href="http://supportdetails.com/" rel="nofollow">http://supportdetails.com/</a> and give us what it reports (except IP address). The Devs or other Mods may need that information. - Gauss
I tried it on my iPad in both Chrome and Safari and it was pretty unusable as a DM. Maybe a player could use it but as a DM it just didn't work well enough.
1370152383
Gauss
Forum Champion
Jarret, if you could detail specifics on your difficulties it may be helpful for the Devs to improve the Mobile support.&nbsp; - Gauss
Well the toolbar on the left on the PC expands when you hover over it. In my experience, since there is no hover on tablet, I could not access most menus.
1370153219
Gauss
Forum Champion
Jarret, I see. Have you tried to click on the side toolbar instead? I'm not saying that'll work, just trying to think of ideas. I may have to steal a friend's android and try this myself although hers is an older model. - Gauss
Jarret B. said: Well the toolbar on the left on the PC expands when you hover over it. In my experience, since there is no hover on tablet, I could not access most menus. If you tap it the menus should show up...also I'm not sure how you used it on Chrome on iPad, it's not supported...
So, here's the error that I get from Firefox when trying to open it up. It's got a menu first for a second or two, says "Roll20, now loading." Then goes to one of the traditional crash screens with this message: An error occurred during a connection to app.roll20.net. SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length. (Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long) &nbsp; &nbsp; The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified. &nbsp; &nbsp; Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem. Alternatively, use the command found in the help menu to report this broken site.
Also, this is that report that was requested in a .csv.&nbsp; OS Type,OS Version,Browser Type,IP Address,Javascript Enabled,Cookies Enabled,Color Depth,Screen Resolution,Browser Window Size,Flash Version,User Agent "",Android4.1.1,Android Webkit Browser,,Yes,Yes,32,1280 x 752,980 x 510,Not Installed,"Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.1.1; Transformer Prime TF201 Build/JRO03C) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/27.0.1453.90 Safari/537.36" (With the IP clipped out.)
Still no progress on this issue?
I'm not giving this up guys, I'm still bothered that for whatever reason, the mobile application won't work, despite being guaranteed it would. Just a response would be nice to assure me I've not been forgotten.
1371349495
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I can report success with a phone. I just bought a LG optimus showtime and I went into a test board and got the zoom to work, the dice to roll, moved tokens. I only got to spend a few minutes playing around. I will test more and report any problems.
Okay, so, first off. If you're on an Android you should be using Chrome, if you're on an iOS device you should be using Safari, as outlined here:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Mobile_Tablet_Support" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Mobile_Tablet_Support</a> I can tell you that based on my own experience using it on my Nexus 7 tablet, in Chrome you can definitely draw shapes and use the chat functionality. Of course Android devices can be...fragmented (as can different versions of Android operating systems), which is one of the main reasons we do try to standardize on Chrome so that we know at least a little bit about how things should behave. I'm not sure what you mean by not being able to use the Dynamic Lighting...is the DL not showing up? Can you not switch to the walls layer to add new walls? Are the tokens not emitting light? If you can be specific about exactly what issues you're still experiencing using Chrome, I will investigate further.
On nexus 7 using chrome, can't ping specific spots, can't use the ruler, can't use FOW? Not a big deal to me, because I only use it as a player, not a GM. But figured I'd clue you in
I've been using Chrome on a EEE Transformer TF201, more than enough processing power especially when compared to a Nexus. I'm still completely unable to draw anything on the map, I can't use shapes, I can't draw lines. FOW is a bit unnecessary for me, but it should work anyway. Really, I just want to be able to design maps.