Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

HC SVNT DRACONES

Any HSD players around here? any campaigns? bought this game recently, soon after it launched and love its systems and world so been wanting to try joining a game despite my shyness and such but have not a clue on where to start looking for a game outside of roll 20 and using the looking for group search did not give me any results.
I too am curious to see if anyone is running this
a link to the games drivethru RPG page: <a href="http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/141683/Hc-Svnt" rel="nofollow">http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/141683/Hc-Svnt</a>... and also a video giving an overview of the setting (the channel that posted it also has some tutorials about its systems) <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dSh9NE-A1w" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dSh9NE-A1w</a> I could try to run a game, but I am a very, very unexperienced DM, only tried once before for another game and the campaing got quickly derailed, sadly. so It maybe it would not be the best introduction to the game (and why I am primarily seeking to participate in one as a player instead)
I would very much like one too :3

Edited 1429806733
as I said, if we get enough people I could try DMing a game of it; but I am kind of bad (and unexperienced) at being a DM, specially since it would be my first time with this game.

Edited 1429813938
Someone set up a thread on this on another site I frequent.. Only thing I know is that, if you wanna join in, you hafta add them on skype Darkartsdoctor is their name Also, quite a coincidence I find this thread the day after I learn of this system's existence.
Arkanum Z. said: as I said, if we get enough people I could try DMing a game of it; but I am kind of bad (and unexperienced) at being a DM, specially since it would be my first time with this game. Hey if we get the people I don't mind you as DM, this will actually be my first any kind of game x3
I've got a bit of experience under my belt with this game and it is so far phenomenal, if you guys get a group together I'd love to join in as a Player.

Edited 1430004081
how many do we have so far that would be willing to participate in a game DMed by me? and of thsoe participating, how many players do you think would be best? (edit: also, sorry for late reply, the way notifications work on this site left me somewhat confused as to if there had been further replies here or not)
I'd surely be interested in a game DMed by you. And in my experience Dming these kinds of games 4-6 is usually a good number too gun for. There aren't as many specializations as a game like Eclipse Phase so there'll be alot of people being able to do the same thing, so it mostly comes down to the players willingness to be one of multiple people who are experts in X field.
Well I'm up for it!
2 players so far so we'd need 2 more
btw, of those interested, what are the available times for the game? (this will also make it easier to look for the two aditional people interested in it) Sorry for grammatical/typing errors, btw, posting these from mobile

Edited 1430029803
Saturday would be awesome. But I'm also open for Teusday, Wensday, and Thursday. I can also make room on other days though friday is currently the only one that is pernanently booked. As for time, I'm MDT so any time good for most people on the western hemisphere will work just fine for me. Though I prefer evenings but I can work with anytime at all.
Every day except for monday, Wednesday (night), Thursday and sunday works for me saturday is actually specially good, as I often have most of the day free though it varies somewhat.
Saturdays are best for me
I have a possible third player who is also open on saturdays (for now) we onyl need a fourth or would 3 work for a first time game?
As a DM and player I'd say 3 would totally work, big thing is that the players are open to you on what kind of characters their building as they won't have quite as much variety covered as a group of 4, but generally the way skills work in the game we'll be fine as each character can have a giant variety of things they are able to do and do very well ( my police-girl alone can Pilot/operate, craft, and repair any vehicle, aircraft, spaceship, or armor and is a solid marksman and a master swords-woman and flier. ). That's not to say 4 is a bad idea by any means, but if we go in with 3 it won't create any problems.
alright, Ill try to have a basic setting and stuff done by next saturday or the one next week (btw, I am not the best at drawing/building maps here on roll20 I will at the least see if I can manage to draw some tokens and the like) though I will need character sheets/descriptions, as well as some player preferences/opinions, so I can have an idea of what game to build should we keep using this thread for contact?

Edited 1430244231
We can continue using this or we could get a R20 group or Skype group set up, anything is fine with me. As for characters I've got a sheet completely done up ( I'll have to reset the equipment of course because Money is partly randomly generated ) but other than that my character is done and I've got a pretty full backstory for her. If your interested in it I can PM it to you with a DropBox link. In shortest terms though she's a Bluejay Angel Combat Engineer / Armor jockey / Starship operator / Pilot ( I wasn't kidding about characters having a wide variety of things they can do very well. lol. )
will try to get a group together, though skype might be best and the dropbox link would work though the most important right now is the backstory (or at the least, corps you took your education from) so I can figure out a starting point
I forgot to ask before but is text only ok? it is my preferred method due to a combination of a finicky mic, bad accent and shyness but I can work something out if voice is prefered
I actually massively prefer Text Only. I'm even in a group devoted entirely to text only games. I find it makes serious roleplay and staying in character so much easier.
I think the same