Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Toggle rollable tables to whisper result

Score + 48
I use most of my rollable tables for GM-only content — random encounter tables, random NPC tables, random dungeon feature tables, random "which character is gonna get hosed" tables. I'd love to be able to flag a table so it will automatically roll to the specific user activating it when clicking the "roll" button from the tables list. I know that I can whisper the results from the chat — [[1t[random-encounters-forest]]], but the syntax is a little clunky for typing on the fly (especially if I don't remember the exact name of the table). As a result, I end up having to create a macro for each table which I can then click from the macro bar. That works, but it's an extra step. A check-box in the edit-table dialog would be great. Right under "players can roll from table," how about a box, "all players see rolls from table"?
Agreed
Definitely agree with this... Same situation! Thanks Morgan W. for the tips on what to do in the meantime.
wow, great idea :)
+1 I would love to see this idea
Almost a must have as a DM or tables are FAR less useful 
Everyone else may have figured this out already, but I'm quite new to Roll20 GMing, and had to puzzle this through myself a bit, filling in the blanks of some of the replies above. I agree that being able to toggle random tables to whisper would be immensely useful as a feature. In the meanwhile, to create a macro that rolls on a table so that only you, the GM, can see it, and with an uncluttered format, you need to append "/w gm" before the table mention: " /w gm  [[1t[random-encounters-forest]]]" I may be the only one reading this thread who didn't instantly get it, but I figured I'd share my findings in case any other newbs pass through here trying to figure out the same thing.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Or, for a toggle: ?{Whisper|No, |Yes,/w gm}  [[1t[random-encounters-forest]]]
Another +1
Make sure that " /w gm  [[1t[random-encounters-forest]]]" does not include the quotes (") in your macros for it to work properly.
+1 a checkbox in front of the ROLL button or behind it  would speed up things and support flexibility during game play.

Edited 1673541591
Sorry, but I am not good at writing macros.  Is there a macro to make to whisper and then be able to select the table you want to roll from?
Christopher S. said: Sorry, but I am not good at writing macros.  Is there a macro to make to whisper and then be able to select the table you want to roll from? I don't know if you'll see this four months later, but yes, there is. If you had three random encounter tables named Plains, Woodland and Jungle, the below macro would bring up a drop down menu asking to select which to roll from, then whisper the result to you. /w gm [[1t[?{Select Table|Plains|Jungle|Woodland}]]]