Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[4/18/15] [5E] [One-Shot] The Abyssal Deep

Edited 1429388344
EDIT: All filled up! Thanks for submitting! Time: 1:30 PM PST Slots Filled: 5 / 5 (crono_clone, Rymakm, ike, prosthetic4head, Noah E.) Character Level: 5th Hiya everyone! Yet again, I'm back running another DnD 5E one-shot for ya all, hoping to inspire more new players (and GMs out there ;P) to get into the game and play the amazing tabletop RPG we all love. Vets, newbies, everyone in between, all are welcome! If you don't have a character sheet, don't worry, I'll get ya one. ^.^ Include your name, description, and a brief description of your background, first come, first served! If you reserved a spot, be sure to submit your application at least half an hour before gametime. Thanks!

Edited 1429332816
I'd like to join! I have a Druid that I'd like to play in this one. Here's his bio: "Taylen is young for an elf, and was previously a hunter/guide for his small elven village before taking on the mantle of a druid. Having spent decades in the wilds of the forest, he took up adventuring to experience the world beyond. On one of his travels, he happened upon a small human town that was being plagued by an unnatural sickness; and together with a ranger of the Emerald Enclave, he was able to root out the cause and concoct an herbal remedy to eradicate the disease. He joined the Enclave's mission and travels the Sword Coast, where he plans to keep an ear out for any news that might indicate an upset in the world's delicate balance."

Edited 1429333581
crono_clone said: I'd like to join! I have a Druid that I'd like to play in this one. Here's his bio: "Taylen is young for an elf, and was previously a hunter/guide for his small elven village before taking on the mantle of a druid. Having spent decades in the wilds of the forest, he took up adventuring to experience the world beyond. On one of his travels, he happened upon a small human town that was being plagued by an unnatural sickness; and together with a ranger of the Emerald Enclave, he was able to root out the cause and concoct an herbal remedy to eradicate the disease. He joined the Enclave's mission and travels the Sword Coast, where he plans to keep an ear out for any news that might indicate an upset in the world's delicate balance." Awesome, thanks! Added to the list; if a ton of reserved players don't come in, the spot's yours. ^.^
I'd like to watch if possible and I could be backup player if you don't have enough.
TrollPlaya said: I'd like to watch if possible and I could be backup player if you don't have enough. Sure, no problem! I use Roll20 voice now, and it works very, very well. Just post back here tomorrow around gametime and I'll shoot ya a link to join.

Edited 1429334266
I and a friend of mine were looking for a game to help us learn 5E, would you mind two more? Edit: I apologize but I'll have to pull this, my friend said that they were unable to do the time and the both of us were looking to learn the game together... I jumped the gun on it.

Edited 1429334349
Anthony F. said: I and a friend of mine were looking for a game to help us learn 5E, would you mind two more? Edit: I apologize but I'll have to pull this, my friend said that they were unable to do the time and the both of us were looking to learn the game together... I jumped the gun on it. Awwww~ darn, alright. What times are good for ya guys? I wouldn't mind running another one-shot during the weekend or during the week if it works with my schedule.

Edited 1429342731
Saturdays are good for us if that's fine with you. However it would have to be next Saturday as my friend has to go out of town this weekend and will not be back before Monday. And If we can do Saturday there might be one more, also we have basic knowledge since we have the PHB but some of us (Me) are more learn by doing types and another is planning to run a game using the system for some of our friends, so we need to have a solid grasp on the mechanics before we do anything with the system.
Anthony F. said: Saturdays are good for us if that's fine with you. However it would have to be next Saturday as my friend has to go out of town this weekend and will not be back before Monday. And If we can do Saturday there might be one more, also we have basic knowledge since we have the PHB but some of us (Me) are more learn by doing types and another is planning to run a game using the system for some of our friends, so we need to have a solid grasp on the mechanics before we do anything with the system. Awesome, sounds good! No promises yet, but next Saturday I shouldn't have anything planned. If ya have another friend, that's no problem. xP My DMing style caters a lot around roleplay and skill checks, so it'll be an absolute breeze picking it up and learning. However, if ya guys want a headstart, I highly recommend reading up on Chapter 9: Combat, because that's where the bulk of the rules apply, and probably the most important chapter. We still need more players though! Come any, come all! We're playing in a couple hours!
i got life cleric who wants to go and find the evil he's been after too frikking long... got the character sheet and everything ready to go and it's lvl 8 so i can easily make it to lvl 5 and don't need to mess up with spell book i made for it.
Rymak said: i got life cleric who wants to go and find the evil he's been after too frikking long... got the character sheet and everything ready to go and it's lvl 8 so i can easily make it to lvl 5 and don't need to mess up with spell book i made for it. Awesome, added! I'll start sending out the links to join the campaign now so you guys can setup your macros and character sheets. ^.^
Can I join? I'll draft up a level 5 barbarian really quick. Somewhat inexperienced at actually playing 5e (DM'd 2 campaigns) but have a lot of experience in 4 and RP'ing in general.
Ike said: Can I join? I'll draft up a level 5 barbarian really quick. Somewhat inexperienced at actually playing 5e (DM'd 2 campaigns) but have a lot of experience in 4 and RP'ing in general. Sure, that'll be awesome, you're in! Sent ya the link to join to your PMs.

Edited 1429383360
Is it full? I'd like to join! I can play whatever class is needed. I'm somewhat new to DnD, as I've only DMed one campaign. If you want to provide a character sheet, that would be great!
thokk, half orc, champion fighter. wanderer. He's a bounty hunter for the emerald enclave. He usually silent unless enraged and then proceeds to let his axes talk for him. Very loyal to his friends, and very much enjoys playing his flute though he only knows how to play one note because his fingers are too big to play the tiny flute. He loves hearing beautiful music as it calms his rage bringing him to a state of enlightenment. Basically he fights like a crazy mad half orc unless he gets some classical BGM going on in the background and then fights like a crazy mad half orc except his facial expression is extremely calm where you can even see a hint of a smile. Normally he yells to intimidates his enemies to attack them but when in the state of enlightenment he just needs to stare with his eyes. His cold killer eyes that want to seem to rip his enemies apart... Limb from limb.
I'm in! If it's okay with you, I'd have my char be an Elf hunter, but since it looks like we already have one of those, I'll go for an Elf Rougue. His name is Manveruil. Age-wise he's a young adult, a little before middle-age. (Sorry, I don't know D&D's elf ages, but I know they're less extreme then The Lord of the Rings, so...200 or so?) I'm not so sure how to do the rest of the character creation stuff, as I've only done it once before guided by the DM. Sorry. I kind of have a sort of idea for backstory, but I don't really know about the land and political stuff we're playing in. But I'd like him to be from some sort of very prosperous woodland elven tribe, and to be in good favour with the king/chief guy, the son he never had. He was a leading scout for the tribe. and, during a mission, he found out about some kind of big threat by goblin raiders or something. He returned to his tribe, and informed the king dude about the threat, who dismissed it as another small bandit attack, and was sure that his patrols could handle it. Manveruil disagrees, and is certain that more action must be taken. After an intense argument, the king orders Manveruil to leave the tribe for three days until the matter is dealt with, meant to stay in the outer areas of the wood for a short time. During the first night in his small camp, Manveruil is ambushed during the night by the raiders, slaying three, but overwhelmed by the vast number. After a short time, he manages to escape his attackers, returning as fast as he can to his tribe, but only finding a burned graveyard of a battlefield, and his tribe dead. He walks through the wreckage, eventually coming to the chamber of the king, who lies dead among other soldiers, and an epic amount of goblins. Manveruil leaves the forest after grieving, taking with him the crown of the chief. So..yeah. That's good for me, and I hope it fits in relatively well with your plan. Oh, and is it still today?
Nitix, Gnome Wizard/Warlock . Power hungry and paranoid, Nitix spent most of his life researching the Old Gods. His goal is to one day rival the power of the gods themselves. Looking for real battle experience, he left the library and set out to explore the world, hoping to find secrets and mysteries that will help him in his quest to become the most powerful being in the universe.
Still looking? I'm a 5e vet willing to play any class

Edited 1429388934
Noah E. said: Is it full? I'd like to join! I can play whatever class is needed. I'm somewhat new to DnD, as I've only DMed one campaign. If you want to provide a character sheet, that would be great! Sweet, ya got the spot! Sending you the link now. Joseph P. said: thokk, half orc, champion fighter. wanderer. He's a bounty hunter for the emerald enclave. He usually silent unless enraged and then proceeds to let his axes talk for him. Very loyal to his friends, and very much enjoys playing his flute though he only knows how to play one note because his fingers are too big to play the tiny flute. He loves hearing beautiful music as it calms his rage bringing him to a state of enlightenment. Basically he fights like a crazy mad half orc unless he gets some classical BGM going on in the background and then fights like a crazy mad half orc except his facial expression is extremely calm where you can even see a hint of a smile. Normally he yells to intimidates his enemies to attack them but when in the state of enlightenment he just needs to stare with his eyes. His cold killer eyes that want to seem to rip his enemies apart... Limb from limb. Mitchell M. said: I'm in! If it's okay with you, I'd have my char be an Elf hunter, but since it looks like we already have one of those, I'll go for an Elf Rougue. His name is Manveruil. Age-wise he's a young adult, a little before middle-age. (Sorry, I don't know D&D's elf ages, but I know they're less extreme then The Lord of the Rings, so...200 or so?) I'm not so sure how to do the rest of the character creation stuff, as I've only done it once before guided by the DM. Sorry. I kind of have a sort of idea for backstory, but I don't really know about the land and political stuff we're playing in. But I'd like him to be from some sort of very prosperous woodland elven tribe, and to be in good favour with the king/chief guy, the son he never had. He was a leading scout for the tribe. and, during a mission, he found out about some kind of big threat by goblin raiders or something. He returned to his tribe, and informed the king dude about the threat, who dismissed it as another small bandit attack, and was sure that his patrols could handle it. Manveruil disagrees, and is certain that more action must be taken. After an intense argument, the king orders Manveruil to leave the tribe for three days until the matter is dealt with, meant to stay in the outer areas of the wood for a short time. During the first night in his small camp, Manveruil is ambushed during the night by the raiders, slaying three, but overwhelmed by the vast number. After a short time, he manages to escape his attackers, returning as fast as he can to his tribe, but only finding a burned graveyard of a battlefield, and his tribe dead. He walks through the wreckage, eventually coming to the chamber of the king, who lies dead among other soldiers, and an epic amount of goblins. Manveruil leaves the forest after grieving, taking with him the crown of the chief. So..yeah. That's good for me, and I hope it fits in relatively well with your plan. Oh, and is it still today? Joao B. said: Nitix, Gnome Wizard/Warlock . Power hungry and paranoid, Nitix spent most of his life researching the Old Gods. His goal is to one day rival the power of the gods themselves. Looking for real battle experience, he left the library and set out to explore the world, hoping to find secrets and mysteries that will help him in his quest to become the most powerful being in the universe. Sam M. said: Still looking? I'm a 5e vet willing to play any class Daaaarn~ sorry guys, thanks for submitting anyways. x.x I've added you three to the priority list though so ya get 1st picks next time I run another one-shot, possibly tomorrow or next weekend. If you guys would like to spectate or get notifications when I make another game, just say so, and I'll add ya to the campaign. ^.^ It's gonna be a LOT of fun, so I highly suggest that ya join us!
Benson Y. said: If you guys would like to spectate or get notifications when I make another game, just say so, and I'll add ya to the campaign. I'd love that, thanks!
Benson Y. said: Awesome, sounds good! No promises yet, but next Saturday I shouldn't have anything planned. If ya have another friend, that's no problem. xP My DMing style caters a lot around roleplay and skill checks, so it'll be an absolute breeze picking it up and learning. However, if ya guys want a headstart, I highly recommend reading up on Chapter 9: Combat, because that's where the bulk of the rules apply, and probably the most important chapter. We still need more players though! Come any, come all! We're playing in a couple hours! Right just send me a PM or something for the time and we should be able to be there barring any emergencies or unforeseen events.