Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Problem Loading Campaign

One of my players is having loading the campaign page, it appears at the top of the screen in a little bar and he's unable to load the page effectively. He's running windows 7 home premium, using google chrome. Any advice on how to fix the problem?
Hi, Rambling Bard.  Is there any way your player could post a screenshot of what he's seeing?  Do you know if this issue is occurring with just the one campaign or with all campaigns on Roll20?  And does this issue happen in just chrome or in other web browsers? In the meantime, have him try clearing his browser's cache and disabling any plugins or toolbars that might be running in chrome as those can sometimes cause weird errors.
Hi Sarah. Unfortunately I do not know about other campaigns, considering I am only doing the one as I am still fairly new to Roll20. He's going to clear his cache and stop plugins and if that doesn't work, he has been expressed to make a screenshot and send it to me for upload.
Thanks, Rambling Bard.  He could try creating a campaign as well just as a test to see if that renders properly.
It seems that clearing the cache/plug ins might not have worked, will clarify.
If that didn't work, please have him post a screenshot of the issue and go to&nbsp; <a href="http://supportdetails.com/" rel="nofollow">http://supportdetails.com/</a> &nbsp;and post the information listed here (without the IP Address, though). Also, has he tried a different browser? &nbsp;It might help narrow down if it is a "whole computer" issue or just a problem with his chrome. EDIT: To clarify, he should try using firefox or internet explorer with the chrome frame plugin installed (Internet explorer on it's own doesn't support a lot of the processes that Roll20 uses to operate).
He's downloading firefox to test it out, for the most part its looking like Firefox is the go to browser, we'll keep posted if any changes.
Rambling Bard, I'd still like to see a screen shot of the chrome issue, if that's at all possible. &nbsp;
Hi All, I'm new to Roll20 and I'm having a problem that sounds exactely like what The Rambling Bard is talking about. I'm a GM for a small group and we are trying to move our campaign to Roll20. When I load the campaign I am working on the virtual table top seems to load wrong. The main display area of the table top has shrunk to this tiny line area just below the web browser's tool bar. The rest of the page is empty below. Like I said I am new to Roll2o and I haven't been able to find any info on how to re-shape or re-configure how the virtual table top displays itself on my screen. All the totorials I have seen always show the virtual table top filling the whole screen. I've tried to put the mouse's arrow cursor along the edge of the table top to see if I can drag the bottom edge lower, like you can adjust the size of cell in programs like Exell. But it won't let me. I'm running windows XP, using Google Chrome, Screen rez is 1280x720, browser size is 1024x677, color is 32bit and I have flash version 11.7.700. I hope that is all the tech info you need Sarah. I hope this helps Rambling Bard's friend and you can help me too! Albert
1370834039
Gauss
Forum Champion
Albert, that problem is usually caused by an extension or plugin. Please disable your extensions and plugins until you find the one causing the problem.&nbsp; - Gauss
Thanks Gauss! I had a friend disable the stupid extension. works fine now. I'm surprised that this isn't in the help and documents section Albert W.
1370851589
Gauss
Forum Champion
It is now :) <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Optimizing_Roll20_Performance#Which_is_it.3F" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Optimizing_Roll20_Performance#Which_is_it.3F</a> - Gauss
Yeah, it was a plugin he uses for video chat or something, he switched to using firefox and it worked just fine. And yes the screenshot above by Albert was the exact same problem. ~RB
I have a player who is also having this problem
1371051511
Gid
Roll20 Team
Joelle, you're going to have to give us more information regarding your player's issue so we can help you.