Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Statistics ?

Edited 1429793708
Suggestion is simple "Possible to track statistics of your rolls" Simply have a database that keeps track of players rolls What rolls/dices to track D4, D6, D8, D10, D12, D20, D100 Why do I want this ? Because when you roll "1" three times in a row on D20 it can really feel bad. Odds of that happening is 0.0125% = 1/8000 If a person tries to roll three "1" in a row, it should on average happen once in 8000 times. And this is not the first time it has happened to this Ryan in the video. Forward to 23:20 min into the video Roll three 1 in a row And no this suggestion is not because of the video above, its just an example. Info below is just more examples and explaination for why and how it could be implemented. Stats should mainly only track the "normal" dices. Could be other dices that are normal, but that is up to the admins to determine. Track rolls statistics per session or 24h Track rolls statistics per character (when you change name) Track rolls statistics per campaign Track rolls statistics per account Track rolls statistics for everyone on Roll20 Example of commands /stats 24hD20 The last 24hours you have rolled D20 74 times an average of 11,5 and rolling "1" 3 times (4,03%), and rolled 20 "6" times (8,10%) Then have a page under your account that shows statistics for all the differnt types of dices/rolls Then then have options to show average overall or just by each certain dice. Or for example bring out stats on D20, that displays how many times have you rolled 19. And what are the % of the times you roll 19 on /Roll D20. More options: Compare "Your Stats" with/vs "Your Friends Stats" Did a "/Roll 100D20s" and that is the result. Average: 10.96 roll Number | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Times | 6 | 5 | 5 | 3 | 5 | 2 | 7 | 6 | 2 | 4 | 5 | 4 | 6 | 8 | 3 | 5 | 6 | 6 | 7 | 5 | Percent | 6% | 5% | 5% | 3% | 5% | 2% | 7% | 6% | 2% | 4%| 5%| 4%| 6%| 8%| 3%| 5%| 6%| 6%| 7%| 5%| Because statistics are fun. Statistics are facts. Sure I can understand that some people might think its pointless, but there are loads of people who would love info like this. Its nice to actually when every roll you made the entire day has gone to shit, you can look at the stats and see how bad they where. Or simply if someone is complaining over they "always" rolls bad. Then you just look at the facts and the person probably will stop complaining. Having facts to show reality is really good.
Gold
Forum Champion
Interesting suggestion. Here is a link with some dice facts, aggregate dice rolling statistics from across Roll20. It's not your particular game alone, or an individual player's rolls, but it is a factual statistical analysis that helps prove the overall random distribution of numbers rolled on Roll20. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/home/quantum" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/home/quantum</a> More information about the Quantum dice roll is on the wiki, <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/QuantumRoll" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/QuantumRoll</a>

Edited 1429860771
Well that is really sweet in a way. Thanks for the info and link. But yes, the link about the stats did sadisfy one part of my suggestion Track rolls statistics per session or 24h Track rolls statistics per character (when you change name) Track rolls statistics per campaign Track rolls statistics per account Track rolls statistics for everyone on Roll20 Problem is that the main reason for my post was not to try and figure out if Roll20 dice is over long terms correct or incorrect. It does not give info about my induvidual roll statistics, and that is the biggest part of my suggestion. It is more a related to "look at my bad luck I had"... Being lucky/unlucky is deterimined how you are differnt from the "normal" So... In a way its nice with the link, but Im more after info about individual roll statistics. And also it seems like Quantum only track D20 rolls ? And on Quantum on the "Results Per Number" that is what I tried to write in text the following Did a "/Roll 100D20s" and that is the result. Average: 10.96 roll Number | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Times | 6 | 5 | 5 | 3 | 5 | 2 | 7 | 6 | 2 | 4 | 5 | 4 | 6 | 8 | 3 | 5 | 6 | 6 | 7 | 5 | Percent | 6% | 5% | 5% | 3% | 5% | 2% | 7% | 6% | 2% | 4%| 5%| 4%| 6%| 8%| 3%| 5%| 6%| 6%| 7%| 5%| But with the extra feature that above each bar there would be info in percentages. But once again, thx for the info and link. One step in the right direction at least ;O)
Gold
Forum Champion
Good feedback and points. I think you're right the Quantum webpage only shows the aggregate of d20's. They might track the other dice in the background somewhere but that one webpage is meant to prove the overall 'randomness' / distribution so I guess it just uses d20 rolls as a sample. Thanks for posting your Suggestion.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
If you wanted to pursue this on your own, all dice rolls are available to the API. It would be pretty easy to write a script to accumulate them and provide the information in a format which you could apply some analysis to. You'd need to bump to mentor for the duration, but if it's worth it to you, I'd be happy to help you with the API portion.

Edited 1430151460
Sorry dont have the knowledge to do that. But if its easy, then maybe someone can do it.
I would like to see this added as well
Yha I think a lot of people would like this feature if it ever was implemented.
In the absence of an official feature, here's a script which does much of the above: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Script:RollStats" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Script:RollStats</a>
AquaAlex
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
The Aaron said: If you wanted to pursue this on your own, all dice rolls are available to the API. It would be pretty easy to write a script to accumulate them and provide the information in a format which you could apply some analysis to. You'd need to bump to mentor for the duration, but if it's worth it to you, I'd be happy to help you with the API portion. Anything is easy for THE SCRIPTMANCER ;)
AquaAlex
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
manveti said: In the absence of an official feature, here's a script which does much of the above: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Script:RollStats" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Script:RollStats</a> NICE! Should be a build in feature :)
AquaAlex
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
Wolfbane said: Because statistics are fun. Statistics are facts. +1 Yes it is fun. Unfortunately statistics are not facts :'( Just read all teh sensational statistics used in magazines and newspapers, geared towards selling papers and not about being factual. "A statistic is just a number. And numbers are as easily manipulatable, incomplete, and misleading as words are. But they’re more dangerous than words, because numbers are associated with math, and math is associated with fact. But facts are something special. Facts are complete and unbiased enough to tell you something relevant to understanding the past or predicting the future. They don’t care about your goals. They’re uninterested in your politics. They’re not trying to tell your story. They don’t have quarterly earnings expectations to meet. They drown themselves in context and explain blunt-force reality in all its glory." Lol ok just a little rant hahaha (78.9% of statistics are made up on the spot) ;) But any case what you are looking for are factual statistics and I think that is brilliant idea, but I want even more statistics, want to track my actual in game time, my actual in game rolls. As a DM I would like to see how active players are in attending 100% of each session and how active they are in each session as far as number of rolls and posts go.

Edited 1495300315
Wolfbane said: Because statistics are fun. Statistics are facts. Aqua Alex said: +1 Yes it is fun. Unfortunately statistics are not facts :'( Just read all teh sensational statistics used in magazines and newspapers, geared towards selling papers and not about being factual. Statistics are facts, what you are refering to is people twisting and turning facts in there favor for there agenda, a totally differnt thing.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .