Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

4th Edition DND - 3rd to 12th Level - The Arcanium Golem Crisis - Wedsnday through Friday Day or Night

Edited 1429869194
Looking for 3 to 4 brave adventurers to find and disable the Arcanium Golem that will detonate and irradiate my Barony. Tiefling Geomancy is suspected, Dragonborn Howl-Doom agents are involved as well. Tools, training, and vast reward ( including land-stakes) are to be provided. - Mage-Baron Cassius Hey all, I am looking to game on wedsnday, thursday, or friday. I can do day or night. I am in mountain time which is 1 hour ahead of pacific, 1 behind central, and 2 behind eastern. Game sessions will be 3 hours long, once per week. I run fast-paced adventures that really focus on the player having fun and being able to use all of their abilities and gear to the fullest. I award more than the average GM for experience and treasure but also put up more challenging scenarios with a lot of custom content. Roleplaying is expected but you don't have to be fancy, this is supposed to be more fun than anything. If this interests you, please reply with a PDF link to your 3rd Level 4th Edition DND character ( any class is acceptable) with one magic item of level 4, one of level 3, one of level 2 and gold equivalent to a magic item of level 2, ability scores are one 18, one 17, one 16, one 15, one 14, one 13 distributed as you see fit ....and a time that works in the slots I said above. You must be able to use roll20 voice though or some other voice program such as Skype, sorry.
Hey there Kyle, Just checking in out of interest for your game (4e is pretty hard to find around here). I'm a relatively new player having only been in two 4e games previously, and I hope that my inexperience isn't too much of an issue. I know the basics, and might only need a few pointers every now and then. Now I know you mentioned that I should be linking a PDF for a character, but before I do that I have a question: Do we need to write up backstories? If so, should they fit a certain criteria? I'll go ahead and whip up a character (sans the background until you reply) and post that soon. Cheers.
Hey Atlas, A backstory is not needed since we will hit the ground running with the mission in mind at the start. A backstory for the characters will come to into the main story of the game as we play. So it will give you time to think of stuff that will fit and be used in the game , rather than a background story that does not have much impact on the game itself. Inexperience is not a problem as I know the rules well enough and this is not an elitist game of any kind. Everyone is welcome so long as they can pick things up and want to learn.
Perfect, My available playtimes are Wednesdays and Fridays from 12PM to 11PM (EST). Thursdays may also work in the late afternoon, but is currently a little iffy. Here's my proposed character (which I've made using mythweaver). Let me know if I'm missing anything or got anything wrong.

Edited 1429868992
Hey Atlas, I gave it a quick look over and it is good. It's been a while since I saw anyone play a psion, very cool. Welcome aboard!
Yep, I'm down. Making a character as we speak. Any race or class restrictions?

Edited 1429901555
Hey Johnathan, as I said above there is no race or class restrictions just so long as it is humanoid hahaha. Looking forward to seeing your character.
Hi there o.o I'm free mostly on any time of those days but I'll have to recheck once my school schedule pops up for the next trimester. I'd like to play this: <a href="http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=88470" rel="nofollow">http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=88470</a>... I hope it's valid ^_^
Probably gonna make a Drow Scout if that works for you. I haven't played 4E in about two years now and haven't made a 4E character in about 3, so gimme a day or two to fine-tune the build. The thing the throws me off though is your umbrella term of Magical Items. What KIND of magical items, or is there like. A specific list, or..?

Edited 1429932702
Hey Seven, Welcome to the crew :) Your half-orc rogue looks great, will be a balanced and terrifying rogue indeed. Hey Johnathon about the magic items - when I say magic items I truly mean you can pick your magic items from any book following the rules I set above - one magic item of level 4, one of level 3, one of level 2. So have fun going through the books and kitting yourself out. Let me know if you have more questions. So far for time slots its looking like I have 3 players that can do Friday, is that working for everyone so far?
Friday should work perfectly for me.
Friday is kind of a hit-and-miss for me. I work in a restaurant, so there's always the chance we get real crazy on a Friday night and I have to go in.

Edited 1429952195
Okay, I was thinking around 6pm on Friday to 9pm MT, that way its not crazy late for eastern folks when we end. So far I have this for time slots- Friday Needed - 1 person who is PMing me Friday Wanted - Atlas, Seven( he said he is flexible for now but school might disrupt, hopefully friday would eliminate any interruptions here) Thursdays Needed - 1 Person who is PMing me What time is good for you Johnathan? - EDIT - I have the campaign created. I will be sending the campaign link to those whose characters I have received ( and to those who get them to me.) I plan to start the game this coming week on May 1st, Friday is the winning slot at this time unless we can all be flexible for another time slot.
I would love to join and I can do Friday Here is my sheet for a Swordmage Human multiclassing into Wizard: <a href="http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=179557" rel="nofollow">http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=179557</a>
Hey Christopher, your swordmage looks great, your enemies will fear your multi-colored sword of doom. Welcome!
Currently, with the way my schedule at work has been lately, any day except Sunday works for me. That's subject to change, though.
Also, do we begin with class/race/background equipment/gold in addition to the magic items and gp = to magic item, or is it JUST the three magic items and gp = to magic item?
Here's this. Only thing I haven't really done is determine items/wealth. <a href="http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=179524" rel="nofollow">http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=179524</a>

Edited 1430003455
There is no additional wealth or items other than what I have listed. Is friday going to be okay with you? I know you said that you might have to head into work. But I currently have too many people good with friday to really justify a change. If you can't reliably make a game, I would prefer if you sat out, but if you know you can make it to 90% of the games( meaning only missing 1 session out of the 9-10 I have planned), then please stay in. Hmmm, myth-weavers is not loading your char sheet fro some reason.
My bad, it was stored as a private character. Everything should be fine and dandy now. And yeah, like I said, as of currently, Friday is A-okay. If it DOESN'T work, I should know by Monday (2 days from now) at the latest.
Good looking Drow there! Once you get your items in I'll send you an invite to the campaign :)
Is there any chance I could forego magic items for just a Longbow and a Quiver with like. idk. 100 arrows, or something? Or if you could suggest some magic items, that'd be fine

Edited 1430013912
EDIT - On second thoughts after reading all of our posts Johnathan, and not to be a giant prick before our game begins, but I don't believe you are a good fit for this game. Thanks for your time and best of luck on finding a group that fits better with your schedule/playstyle.
Yeah, that's fine man. I understand. Shifting schedules are always a big negative, so I feel ya.
FWIW, if someone else comes along, they can use that char sheet.
Alright! It is on guys! We have five players total for the game, two of whom everyone on the thread has not met but you will meet soon on our roll20 game this friday at 6pm MT. Thanks to everyone for their hard work on their characters and getting everything to me in as timely manner. I am really excited for this game and am hoping to deliver a big-bang intro this coming session. It contains lots of team-work heavy combat and choices that make a player feel that the game is not a linear train but a world that is shaped by you.