Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

New Game Watch List - (Notifications based on LFG Search Criteria)

Score + 24

Edited 1429886607
Problem/Difficulty: End-Users are often frustrated by games filling up before they have an opportunity to post a request to join because they're not able to check throughout the day. Additionally, It can become tedious repeatedly filling in search criteria to check for new games over and over. Suggestion: Leverage notification system to alert players of new games posted that meet their criteria. Benefits: ♦ End-Users can save time spent checking if any new games have been posted ♦ GM's will receive even more rapid responses to their games as they're posted... Especially useful for one-shots or looking for temporary stand-in players. ♦ Players with tighter time constraints will be on more equal footing with players who can check for game postings throughout the day. EXAMPLE :
Gold
Forum Champion
This would be delightful. You described the benefits well. Nice mock-up screenshot too.
Orphansmith
KS Backer
Marketplace Creator
I know I'd use this a lot more, and play a lot more Roll20. Maybe limit the number of game types you can queue for? I can't imagine this would be used by people who play DND, but it'd be nice for the rest of us.
100% support this. And you could even have this as a Supporter/Pro feature.

Edited 1539026123
I want to bump this thread though I would disagree with it being a paid feature as that disenfranchises a huge player base.
Gold
Forum Champion
Now I have a vote available. This gets my Vote +1
Stephen C.
Pro
Sheet Author
This is a great idea. +1.
Fantastic idea.