Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[4/25/15] [5E] Running 2-3 one-shots for newbies and vets alike! First come, first serve!

Edited 1430113123
UPDATE: Games are now over. Thanks for the amazing time guys! Hiya everyone! Toothless here running yet again more DnD one-shots for ya all! Sessions last roughly 2-3 hours, and anyone can play, regardless of experience or any prerequisites. xP If ya don't have a character sheet (or don't know how to make one), don't worry! I'll snag one for ya and you can hop right in. Voice recommended for the most fun, but not necessary! Thanks! Happy Gaming! Post your name, class, and a brief description of your background to apply! Game One (5 / 5 Players) Filled up! Time: 1:30 PM PST - 4 PM PST Players: Sinan T., Richard D., Set E., Soutalgon, William L. Waiting List: Game Two (5 / 5 Players) Filled up! Time: 4:30 PM PST - 7 PM PST Players: Pete G., Mike, Darren I., Jonathan B., Meldebious(Casey) Waiting List: John H., Michael G., Nio G., Chris C. Game Three (5 / 5 Players) Filled up! Apply to the waiting list though, because we MAY have dropouts! Time: 9 PM PST - 11/12 PM PST Players: Waiting List: General Waiting List: Saint Ronan Saint Ronan's Friend **READ HERE** Even if you are not "selected", please still check back here around gametime! We do have dropouts, so be sure to keep updated here and your PMs if I need an extra player!
This is supposed to read 4/25/15, right?
2 may be interested here! My friend and I.

Edited 1429979144
I'd be interested in one of the earlier slots. Note, my experience of 5e is basically a single one-shot so far, and I'm still reliant on the free manual for races and classes. (Name: Adriardon Oakenheel, Wood Elf Rogue, background is Folk Hero. He's a former farmer/trader whose village was destroyed in a landslip during a storm and lost his family but inadvertently rescued someone else's while retrieving some valuables from the scene. Still looking for his family and also any further valuables to retrieve.)
Thank you for running these. If I didn't have to work I would be all over this.
I'm glad I double checked the time! I'm EDT and could do Game One. Roland, Archfey pact Warlock, charlatan background, a curious wanderer who stumbled into something bigger than he ever expected when he came face to face with the Feywild (would still need to roll up the character or use a pregen sheet)
I'm interested in attending Game One. Not sure on a character yet but I'll come up with something before then.
Hi there. I'd be interested in taking one of the game one slots. As others have stated, thank you for running these. Venn, Ranger (Hunter archtype if already beyond level 3) of the outlander background. An elven guide who was ambushed by giants in the past, resulting in the deaths of many of his charges, Venn has taken up adventuring as a way of atonement for his past failure.
Picaresque said: This is supposed to read 4/25/15, right? Yup, sorry. XD Totally supposed to be. Saint Ronan said: 2 may be interested here! My friend and I. Awesome, which games? ^.^ Darren I. said: I'd be interested in one of the earlier slots. Note, my experience of 5e is basically a single one-shot so far, and I'm still reliant on the free manual for races and classes. (Name: Adriardon Oakenheel, Wood Elf Rogue, background is Folk Hero. He's a former farmer/trader whose village was destroyed in a landslip during a storm and lost his family but inadvertently rescued someone else's while retrieving some valuables from the scene. Still looking for his family and also any further valuables to retrieve.) Sweet, added! Glenn G. said: Thank you for running these. If I didn't have to work I would be all over this. No problem! I love putting games out there because there's such a shortage of GMs out there. xP I really like introducing tabletop to everyone, as well as hopefully inspire some more GMs to join in. Sinan T. said: I'm glad I double checked the time! I'm EDT and could do Game One. Roland, Archfey pact Warlock, charlatan background, a curious wanderer who stumbled into something bigger than he ever expected when he came face to face with the Feywild (would still need to roll up the character or use a pregen sheet) Added to Game One! Richard D. said: I'm interested in attending Game One. Not sure on a character yet but I'll come up with something before then. Sweet, added to game one! Set E. said: Hi there. I'd be interested in taking one of the game one slots. As others have stated, thank you for running these. Venn, Ranger (Hunter archtype if already beyond level 3) of the outlander background. An elven guide who was ambushed by giants in the past, resulting in the deaths of many of his charges, Venn has taken up adventuring as a way of atonement for his past failure. No problem man. ^.^ Added to the list!
If you're looking to fill out game 2, I'm always happy to play, but give me the lowest priority please. I've played several of your games already, and others deserve a shot at them before me.
Garreth M. said: If you're looking to fill out game 2, I'm always happy to play, but give me the lowest priority please. I've played several of your games already, and others deserve a shot at them before me. Sure thing Garreth, thanks for helping out! ^.^
I'm in for game two. First time at both roll20 and 5e. I've read through the rules once and excited to try this out.
I would like to join game one. If there is time before hand I would not mind a little help with a character making. I have some r20 and dnd 5e experience, just not as much as I'd like to have ideally.
Pete G. said: I'm in for game two. First time at both roll20 and 5e. I've read through the rules once and excited to try this out. Added! Can't wait to see ya there! ^.^
Soutalgon said: I would like to join game one. If there is time before hand I would not mind a little help with a character making. I have some r20 and dnd 5e experience, just not as much as I'd like to have ideally. I got about an hour atm, I can help ya out. xP The alternative would be using a premade character sheet, which would be quicker (and in my opinion), introduce ya to 5E a lot better. Do ya have the PHB?
Yes a PDF version. I have played 5e a little. Its mainly I'd like to play as dragonbornes haha..love dragons and all.

Edited 1429984464
Soutalgon said: Yes a PDF version. I have played 5e a little. Its mainly I'd like to play as dragonbornes haha..love dragons and all. Awesome, dragons ftw! xD Here's a super useful link to building together your character. <a href="http://i.imgur.com/qNtzpts.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/qNtzpts.jpg</a> I'll also shoot ya a PM so I can talk ya through building it in-game.
I'd like into game 2, if you please. I'd like to play a human Diviner named Marricet or a meat shield, depending on what the others want to play.
Mike said: I'd like into game 2, if you please. I'd like to play a human Diviner named Marricet or a meat shield, depending on what the others want to play. Added! Can't wait to see ya then. ^.^

Edited 1429986424
I love to try and join one of these, it has been a really long time since I've played any sort of RPG, and I'd love to get back into it. Any free slot you can get me into is fine.
William L. said: I love to try and join one of these, it has been a really long time since I've played any sort of RPG, and I'd love to get back into it. Any free slot you can get me into is fine. We do have one last slot in Game One, ya up for it?
Benson Y. said: William L. said: I love to try and join one of these, it has been a really long time since I've played any sort of RPG, and I'd love to get back into it. Any free slot you can get me into is fine. We do have one last slot in Game One, ya up for it? Sure! I'd be glad to. No clue what kind of character I'd like to play :P
Hey Benson. I'll go ahead and apply to game two as X'zorfin Barriani, Drow Ranger, if you'll have me.
Johnathan B. said: Hey Benson. I'll go ahead and apply to game two as X'zorfin Barriani, Drow Ranger, if you'll have me. Alrighty, added to the waiting list. If the few other people ahead of ya don't join in, ya got the spot. ^.^ I'll be back in an hour, talk to ya guys then!
I've got a character rolled up, what is the best way to get the info to you?
could i go on the waiting list for game1? I have characters in vault ready at moments notice if needed!
I'm interested in game 1. I have absolutely no experience with 5e, but plenty with 3.5 & 4 (if that helps). I'd like to play a simple fighter or monk. Got a premade sheet for those? Oh, and I'm EST, so I think the game would start in 1.5 hrs?
Ah, looks like I'm too late. GL guys!
could i go on the waiting list for game1? I have characters in vault ready at moments notice if needed!
Sinan T. said: I've got a character rolled up, what is the best way to get the info to you? I sent a PM to ya, join up. xP Luke said: could i go on the waiting list for game1? I have characters in vault ready at moments notice if needed! Sweet, added! If you'd like to spectate the game too and laugh along with us, you're more than welcome to join. ^.^ Also extending that invite out to anyone else in this thread. Ka'Cha said: I'm interested in game 1. I have absolutely no experience with 5e, but plenty with 3.5 & 4 (if that helps). I'd like to play a simple fighter or monk. Got a premade sheet for those? Oh, and I'm EST, so I think the game would start in 1.5 hrs? Ka'Cha said: Ah, looks like I'm too late. GL guys! Awww~ darn, alright. Hope ya can make it to another one of my games! If you'd like to spectate too, by all means, join up with us! You'd also set up notifications next time I run a game. Luke said: could i go on the waiting list for game1? I have characters in vault ready at moments notice if needed! Uh... yup, sure. xD Replied above.
Are you still looking for people?
Starting Game One! Talk to you guys in a bit!
Think I could spectate a bit?
Throw me into game 2, if you could.
Can I go in game 2?
New to this r20 and all lol, one of your elders here loved playing d&d back in 80's when first started out. What would I need to play access wise, my own characters, would love input before getting in on of the games. Dice or role generator thanks
Honestly, Michael, you don't really need anything. A copy of the free basic rules found online, or the 5th edition Player's Handbook for reference would be helpful, but not 100% necessary.
im in text is all I can easily get to... if I need to though I can dig out a mic
Thanks Johnathan B.
Hello, I think I may have missed out on the games, but I would love to join the next set that you do. I am new to Roll20 and tabletop gaming in general. I've been wanting get into tabletop for a while now. Any help you could provide would be amazing.
I also would like to be added to next game available, and all help more than welcome thanks
Hiyaaa, sorry, the session is lagging on a bit long, we'll wrap up in 4 minutes and start Game Two at 5pm instead.
FINALLY, back, bleh, sorry that took so long. xP Sending out replies now, don't worry.
Darren I. said: Can I go in game 2? Yup Darren, ya got the spot! I'll add ya in a bit. ^.^ Meldebious(Casey) said: Are you still looking for people? Possibly, stick around! We're gonna see who showed up and if there are any no-shows. ^.^ John H. said: Throw me into game 2, if you could. Added to the list! If we have a few no-shows, the spot's all yours! Michael G. said: New to this r20 and all lol, one of your elders here loved playing d&d back in 80's when first started out. What would I need to play access wise, my own characters, would love input before getting in on of the games. Dice or role generator thanks Awesome, glad you're getting back into it! We'll take a peek and see if there's any room for ya! Nio G. said: im in text is all I can easily get to... if I need to though I can dig out a mic No problem! We might be filled up at this point, but I'll add ya to the list in-case of no-shows, but definitely add ya guys to the priority list so you get 1st picks on ANY future one-shots I run in the future. Chris C. said: Hello, I think I may have missed out on the games, but I would love to join the next set that you do. I am new to Roll20 and tabletop gaming in general. I've been wanting get into tabletop for a while now. Any help you could provide would be amazing. It's always cool seeing completely new players join in. ^.^ I'll add ya to the waiting list, if not, add ya to the priority list for next time (possibly tomorrow) for any future games I run.
Benson Y. said: Chris C. said: Hello, I think I may have missed out on the games, but I would love to join the next set that you do. I am new to Roll20 and tabletop gaming in general. I've been wanting get into tabletop for a while now. Any help you could provide would be amazing. It's always cool seeing completely new players join in. ^.^ I'll add ya to the waiting list, if not, add ya to the priority list for next time (possibly tomorrow) for any future games I run. Awesome, I appreciate it.
We may be lacking players, stick around guys!
Thanks for an enjoyable session - let me know if you still need bodies, although I may need to exit early.
I'd like to jump in if I can!
We're running the session now, we added a couple extra players to the game. Thanks to everyone else who joined! I added anyone who didn't make it in to a priority list so they have 1st priority next time I run a game. Happy gamings!