Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Learn 5E Sunday 4/26/2015 7:00 PM CDT Session for NEW PLAYERS

Edited 1430030774
Ajax
Pro
I will be running another 5th Edition Dungeons and Dragons Session at 7:00 PM CDT Sunday Night April 26th, session will run 3 hours... This will be geared some what toward New Players but anyone who wants to can play... This game will feature up to 6 Pre Generated Characters that are fully scripted and complete with all the macros... Players may Create their own Character using the Guidelines set forth in a post below this one... The available characters are a Fighter, a Cleric, a Wizard, a Rogue, a Bard, and a Paladin. The characters are level 2 The event will use almost all of Roll20's bells and whistles including dynamic lighting and the API.... New Players will find the game quite easy to jump right in... The game will use either Hangouts or Skype for the Chat Connection so a working Mic is required, no video will be used... If you are interested and SERIOUS in joining post something HERE... I will repeat this again as there is a terrible problem here in Roll20 with people who sign up for games and don't show up, this denies a punctual player who wanted to play, but couldn't because someone signed up for the Link and was a NO SHOW... Links to the event will go out via Private Message at 5:30 PM CDT on the day of the Game, Please watch for the Link... If planning on joining please try to be IN THE GAME by 6:30 CDT if possible... If you want to learn the game and enjoy what Roll20 can do, then join us.... Thank you, -Ajax
I would love to join

Edited 1430030646
Ajax
Pro
Players wishing to create their own characters must Log In To the Game at least one hour before the game starts, that would be 6:00 PM CDT... Creation Instructions are as follows: Array for stats 15,14,13,12,10,08; Level 2 Full Hit Points at level 1 then 1/2 Hit Dice +1 + Con Bonus... NO HUMAN VARIANT, no alignment can contain Evil... Standard Equipment for Class... Backgrounds are not necessary in a One Session Game... Once you have your Ajax Character Sheet and have it filled out correctly you will be ready to go! -Ajax
bump
Hi Ajax. I'm interested. New to roll20 and 5e. Have done a single 1 shot, but was limited in roll20 bells and whistles. I would use a pre-gen character. Would love to try a Paladin, but any class is fine with me if needed. They all look interesting.

Edited 1430067829
If you need a filler, I can join. I'm not a new player, though I'm interested in learning more about Roll20's features. I have Skype and a G+, so I'm all set there, and I'm totally reliable.
Sort of a newish player, I have a lvl 2 Druid that's available and I'd love to join if possible. I'm also all set on Skype and whatnot.

Edited 1430072695
Peter
KS Backer
Shit, this is exactly what I have been looking for but I'm not 100% sure I will be available at that time. If I cannot do it today and you do this again please message me. I have a friend who is interested as well. I ran my buddies though the starter kit but we sorta stumbled through it. I'm pretty sure we screwed up most of the rules.
Just to clarify, is *totally and completely new* OK? I can dedicate to coming tonight after chatting with my wife but I want to make sure it's OK as I've never done a Roll20 or a Dungeon and Dragons game. I've played a few D&D offshoots in person over the past few years with friends but I never have been able to get a solid game going. Looking to try online now. :D

Edited 1430073874
I think this session is intended for "totally and completely new" lol The DM will help you with any questions you have, which is probably why he wants you on half an hour in advance at the latest. Welcome to roll20.
Ajax im totally up to this would love to be a cleric. COMPLETELY new to roll20 and i got a general concept of 5e but im coming from 2e (dads old books) cant get a real life game going with friends. so starting out here. please send me a private message link and ill be sure to click it ;) 5 o clock my time 7 o clock yours. Thanks for the look!
If you need another I'm interested. I would be interested in playing a fighter, rogue or bard in that order of preference. I would also prefer skype to hangouts.
I see five confirmed and a maybe. I wish you all the best of luck. I'm still available tonight, but it looks like you'll be set on players.
Alright, I'm in then! Checked with the wife and I'm good to play tonight. I'd take the Paladin or Cleric. :)

Edited 1430082694
Ajax
Pro
The Links will be sent out Promptly at 5:30 PM CDT, to account for unreliable players we send out seven links, if all 7 show up, we play with seven... Remember players who wish to use their own characters must be in the game by 6:00 PM CDT... Also players who wish to use their own characters must realize that we will not double up on any classes except straight up fighter, in other words if you log in and wish to create a cleric and a player has already joined and claimed the Pre Gen Cleric then you would NOT be able to use your own cleric... Choice of the PreGens is on a first come first serve, you are able to join the module as soon as you receive the link. Once you have your character you only need to be back by 6:30 PM CDT... -Ajax
Just as a heads up to anyone applying, Ajax is *great* for jumping right in. If you choose a pregenerated character, it comes with a very will filled out macro bar, that will allow you to quickly and easily use any and all skills or weapon attacks the character has. The macro bar also includes buttons for all the saves and checks you'll need to make. Basically, because of his pre-generated characters, you can learnn how to play the game, instead of having to deal with the headache of making your first ever character. He also weaves a pretty great story, with equal components of roleplaying, exploring, and combat. TL;DR if you wanna learn 5e, this is one of the giuys to learn from, for sure.
Ajax, just to clarify -- we can create any class we want if we don't want to use a pre-gen, right? Or are we still limited to only a Fighter, a Cleric, a Wizard, a Rogue, a Bard, and a Paladin even as our own character?
Have any of you been able to get in? I got a bad link.
Yes.. i got in with no problem
Can you tell Ajax to send me a new link then? For some reason, it tells me it's an "Invalid Invite Code"...
done
Dkitten, I got that in the beginning too. But I cleared my browser's internet cache/cookies and I was able to use the link.
For those getting an Invalid Code invite, I believe this is a Browser issue I will send the URL to those having trouble, that will work... -Ajax
cannot join as a player but would LOVE to see this on TWITCH
So did this fill up?

Edited 1430090913
Would love to join but I fear I'm a bit late. Brand new (as in 5 mins ago) to roll20 & d&d, but has always been somthing I've wanted to be a part of. Thanks for running the session Ajax.Edit: would also watch this on twitch
would be amazing if this was streamed on TWITCH
THE DM'S VOICE IS CREEPY. I thought he was role-playing it at first ;u; Other than that, he was willing to explain things to newbies.
For those who didn't get a chance to play, another one will be going up shortly for either Wed or Thursday... -Ajax