Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

PTU COMMUNITY LOOKING FOR PLAYERS

Edited 1429980446
Hi a few friends of mine have gotten together and made a Pokemon table top united community. Though we already have a decent size we still would like a few more players to bring in diversity. The setting takes place in a brand new region (homebrewed) but the Pokemon are still the same. So far we voted on gens 1-3 but I'm happy to include a few favorites from whatever region you would like. This game is text based and if you happen to miss a game don't worry! We have multiple gms that control different parts of the region so you'll have fun no matter where you are or what time you play ! For more info please post a character idea and (a reasonable) request for a starterDont worry about backstories at all just be sure to play what you want to play. Formally DM Liyah of the Wellen Region Campaign *also you must have Skype to join the community
Are new players welcome? I played a bit of PTA with some friends but never played PTU im very interested in playing If I could get some help learning the system and how to play ^-^
New players are indeed welcome

Edited 1430073006
My character idea is a trainer who wishes to seek out the most unique and elegant pokemon and teach them to reach their maximum potential through hardwork, skill, and intuition. While he still has the same goal as most of his generation to "catch them all" that is more of a side challenge to him simply to become a pokemon master, but he believes this is mearly a challenge of time instead of skill(which he already believes to possess) so his true goal to be the -best- pokemon master is refining his style. I dont know what there is to pick from for starter pokemon but I like gastly and happiny(Or chansey is happiny isnt allowed for being gen4).
So, is it more play-by-post or simply just chatting through an IRC client?
irc client
and pm me for more details :)
Bump*

Edited 1430466213
Gold
Forum Champion
Hi Liyah, the Community Forum in general and the LFG forum in particular is only meant for recruiting groups to play in Roll20. I got your message saying this is a Roll20 game.
I GM a PTU game over Skype, but have very little experience as a player, nor using Roll20 to play it. Are you still looking for Trainers? I love that you're sticking mostly with the first three generations, since there won't be things like sword-and-shield pokemon or key-ring pokemon or refrigerator pokemon (i dislike a lot of the new generation pokemon). I have a character idea as well. I'd like to create a daredevil (not the superhero) type of character that primarily mixes a class that has dexterous or acrobatic stunts (I don't have the book in front of me as I'm writing this), and Flying Type Ace, to create a versatile battle-trainer who is also an adrenaline junkie. As for a starter, the only traditional starter that can grow up to fly is Charmander, depending if i'm limited to the normal starters or not.
alright if you wanna pm me your skype name we might be able to get something going this weekend.
I've been playing PTU for about a year now. I know the system fairly well . And I am looking towards maybe joining another game if you still have room .
honestly we're still doing the community but i was thinking of revamping it into PTA instead since its easier to learn, but if you're still interested send me a private message with skype details.