Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Last Seen/Last Time Logged In For Profiles

(Apologies if something like this has been posted before. I looked through the lists and couldn't see anything about it.) Greetings! For the past week and a half or so, I've been looking through the Player Database looking for individuals to invite to a game. Posting to the Looking for Group section or on the forums for people can occasionally become a bit of a mire with the number of people who want in, so I took to the database to invite individuals who sounded like they might be interesting to have aboard. I ran into a small problem, though, in that just in the D&D 3.5 section, there was over 10,000 names, none of whom I was able to tell if they were active or not. It ended up being a bit of a crap shoot and has been a little frustrating. So, it seems like it could be an overall benefit to those who are looking for individuals for games to be able to have a 'Last Logged In' on people's profiles to be able to tell who is still active and who logged into the site, only to never be seen again. I mean, it couldn't hurt to have this small resource to tell who is around and who is not. Thoughts?

Edited 1489285443
I'll necro this to say I agree.  I used to GM a ton about four years ago, but I've been away, being a family man.  I just recently decided to log back in and see if any of my old players were still around.  If I wanted to run a game, I can search the LFG boards, but if I see an interesting profile like: "Member Since: 2014 | Hours Played: 322 | Actively looking for a D&D campaign", how am I supposed to know that he wrote that bio two years ago and then dropped off of the planet?
B Simon Smith
Marketplace Creator
As long as there's an "opt-out" for not allowing people to see if you're logged in/when you were last logged in, I'd support this idea.
It's about 2 months since the last post, but I want to say that I too support this.
B Simon Smith said: As long as there's an "opt-out" for not allowing people to see if you're logged in/when you were last logged in, I'd support this idea. I'd prefer it the other way around, it should be opt-in.  This sort of system can be used to stalk people, so it should be something people have to activate themselves, rather than it being activated for them without their knowledge.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .