Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Next game and future of campaign.

The next game will be Friday 4-27-2015 at 6pm. I will only be focusing on adventuring into the Palace of the Vampire Queen at this point. The death of Virez, Lord of the Palace and consort of the Vampire Queen, has triggered "the endgame" of the adventure. The group of adventurers must now rescue the Princess of the Urchin Isles and stop the Queen's nefarious plans before their completion. There will likely be no more side-quests at this point, until the Queen is defeated. When this occurs there will be an adventuring interim of (1d6)d6 months in-game where adventurers will go off and do non-DM adventure activities like administering to their lands, constructing fortresses, serving in the army, learning tradeskills, etc. Those who reach level 10 will not be allowed on standard adventures, but may continue activities behind the scenes. I may run an occasional "high-level" adventure for them from time to time; but these would be of exceptional difficulty for exceptional rewards. My plan is to stop running the campaign after we resolve the epilogue of the Palace, and focus on studying for my CPA exam for about 6 to 8 months. John T. has some interest in running a few sessions set in Planet Eris, and I know a few of you could run it too. It is actually fairly easy to get new people into the game, but it gets progressively more difficult to invite new people when the average level of the group is so high and the easier content has already been dealt with. I would open up the campaign to new people, but 1st through 3rd level characters have difficulty finding opportunities to interact in this level of adventure. New lower level adventures or dungeons can easily get new players with some thought, preparation, and adequate advertising. For anyone that needs materials, I can try and share pages I've created in the campaign, and my DM notes. All my notes are stored in either excel (tables) or OneNote. I also need to put pen to paper to finish detailing the Sea Adventure rules; they are easy to learn and adjudicate, but stuff like what ships exist in the world definitely needs to be written out a bit more.
Kevin the Barbarian
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks for the update, Steven. It's time we take out this damned Queen...
Is that this friday? Because damnit I will be camping this friday and i want that queens head on a pike!
Steven, is Ka'Gron anywhere near done with smithing? I think he would be useful for the fight... although we don't have many mages, so Naral might be better...
He can join for this adventure.
Kevin and I will not be present this Friday - we are going to a concert.
I say we postpone until they can make it.

Edited 1431023450
Kevin the Barbarian
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
We're good for tomorrow, right?
We need to start alerting the long time groupies, like freddy and chris and see if they are coming
Kevin the Barbarian
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
How was turnout last weekend. With Amanda, myself and Rich not there did you guys do something?
We didn't run the game. We'll try again tomorrow. I'm starting to get my CPA study materials together, so if we can't get enough of the regular high level people each week, I'll suspend the campaign until I pass my CPA tests. Once we return I'll open up recruitment to new people and start a new main quest to tackle.
If we suspend it we won't be able to finish the module?
I can play this evening! Lucien wants to be in at the End of Game!!!!!!!!!! Are we Game On?
It depends on how many people show up. I am counting Kevin, Amanda, Myself, You, Rich, Maybe John (hopefully), that's a hopeful base of six. And maybe Steve can get in touch with Freddy? He is a great addition to the group, can we get him to join? Maybe get a hold of Sam the cleric, he's pretty decent. I think we are gonna do fine.
Kevin the Barbarian
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jesse A. said: I think we are gonna do fine die. Fixed that for ya
Kevin the Barbarian said: Jesse A. said: I think we are gonna do fine die in real life. Fixed that for ya FTFY
Its all about optimism and confidence guys.
Kevin the Barbarian
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm confident that we will all die horrible undeaths.
That was what we said abpot Virez and his crew too.
Kevin the Barbarian
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
True, I just like going in with low expectations :P